Hips.....

edited August 2011 in November 2011
Have any of u ladies had this problem??? I'm 27 weeks and when I wake up my hips ache soooo bad...now there achin when I walk....is it bc there spreading? I hope this isn't a silly question.

Comments

• Baby getting heavier. Its normal
  • Im 37 weeks and still get these aches. My birthing ball has helped the aches. The aches occur bc our bodies are producing hormones that relax our joints in preparation for childbirth.
  • Yea, it felt like my hips were dislocated and it hurt to walk.
  • Yes ohmgee! It's the worst pain ever :'(
  • but a pillow or two, or get a maternity pillow, and put it between your knees when you sleep. much better!
  • I tried the pillows but that didn't work either. Maybe I'll try the tylenol.
  • I have the same problem and I always take two tylenol before bed and it does help some. also try pillows between your legs but make sure you have a lot of them. sometimes it helps me but not all the time.
  • Oh heck yeah. I'm 34 weeks today and they've been killing me for a while now. I keep reminding myself it'll all be worth it!
  • Thank God its not just me! I didn't have this with #1, but this baby hurts me on places my son didn't!
  • pillows work! i got a round long pillow i got like three of them but i use one and sleep with it between my legs every night and it helps to align your spine and keep pressure off of the hips while spreading
  • yes hun i am 26 weeks and i am starting to get this as well i attribute it to the baby getting bigger
  • I never had it with my previous daughter but this one makes me feel like I'm gonna just split in half when I stand. its absolutely horrible...I have the complete comfort boppy maternity pillow it somehow helps...but oddly sleeping with a heating timed heating and fan blowing on me help LOL...can u picture that crazy preggo image yup!
  • Yes! I'm 28 weeks and my hips have been killing me! I try to sleep with the maternity pillow but it doesn't always help :/ try taking a warm bath n then having someone massage ur lower back...that usually helps me :)
  • Im 24 weeks with twins and my hips and pelvic bones been aching for awhile now. It feels better when my bones crack when I get out of bed.
  • I'm 25 weeks and my hips ache constantly. When its just too bad, I prop up the pillows, take some tylenol, and pray for rest. Good luck hun!
  • My whole pelvic area is aching right now. I'm annoyed...and hungry. :-S
  • One of my hips feels like its twisted somehow. It makes a cracking noise alot when I shift my weight. I hope this goes away after birth!
  • My wife has to wear a elastic band like belt that sits just below bust to pretty much her butt. It doubles over and is very firm and looks like the supports you use for knee injuries etc. she loves them more than me I'm sure lol
  • Just got a big ball and it did make my hips feel better!