help

edited August 2011 in Second Trimester
I have been having bad pelvic pressure, I asked my Dr. about it and he said that it's just part of pregnancy and my height (I'm only 4'11") is going to make my pregnancy much worse. I was just wondering if anybody else has had this same problem. I googled it (which is really need to stay away from) and it said it could be the start of a bladder infection which if untreated could be threatening to the baby. I really need to know if I should call my Dr. again and tell him that it's getting worse.

Comments

• I'm your exact height and I don't have that problem at all. I'm just cramping really bad that's about it. Hope it gets better.
  • @momofSOONtobe7 is your cramping abdominal or pelvic? I've been having a mixture of pelvic and abdominal as well.
  • I don't see how your height has anything to do with it. I am 5 8 and have tons of pelvic pressure.I'm so sore down there. Its caused by the hormones relaxing the joints in preparation for delivery. I am 31 weeks
  • @bigmamak when did you start feeling the pressure? I started at like 17 weeks
  • I've got it all over but I'm only 5+6 weeks along. The doc told me it was implanting cramps. I had the same problem with my mc and my last two. But my docs all said I've got a child barring body. As in I was meant to have babies. My hips aren't huge nor is my pelvis bit they are to big for my liking lol. so I really don't agree with the hole height thing at all. I've had 4 kids 1 mc and now expecting again. I mean cramping and pain is kinda expected with pregnancy BC as my doc said its basically a foreign object in your body.. hope you feel better. Me I just try to zone the pain out.
  • Around 25 weeks I believe
  • Well called the nurses today and did a urine sample, it was a bladder infection, luckily nothing too bad yet so they just put me on some antibiotics.