What to do?

edited January 2011 in Pregnant
I'm 22, I already have a daughter but today my period is 3 days late. I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant but I can't afford a pregnancy test right now, but I'm curious how you tell your family when you know they're not going to be thrilled?

Comments

• If you are happy that's all that matters. My family wasn't thrilled with my first BC of the sperm donor but they wouldn't go a day without my son now.
  • Well I was very young with my first and I just moved across country with my boyfriend and we are living with his parents until I get a job and money gets squared away. Its not something we needed right now and it took us by surprise.
  • Well sry to sound harsh but thats life. Think of it this way - god must think u are ready to handle all that u have. He never gives u more than u can handle. Dont think on the negative, that always puts u down, try making plans and goals to reach before that lil angel comes. Hope this helps u, im 22 have a 2yr old and 1 on the way but im settled on my own with my husband - god bless
  • I know, God has blessed me in many ways. A beautiful, healthy daughter and a loving boyfriend. My daughter will be so excited, she has been wanting a brother or sister for quite awhile now. Just trying to figure out the best way to tell everyone.
  • I was terrified to tell my dad that I was pregnant again, since same as you, my first came when I was very young. My dad gets on well with my partner so I asked him to tell him. It went fine and now i'm 29 weeks pregnant and my dad often takes walks with me and asks how I am feeling. The longer you wait the more difficult it will be, they'll be more hurt that they didn't find out sooner. Once it's out there, the hardest part is over.
  • Hey jillian, I felt the same way bout telling my mom, but I went ahead since my man lives in another state and I needed her. She really surprised me and was joking and giving advice by the end of the phone call. At first she was a lil negative, but I let her know I was super excited and after that she started being more supportive.
  • edited January 2011
    Thank you, I'm glad it went so well for you two. My mother wont be too big of an issue, my dad will be disappointed but my boyfriends mom is the one who I'm more worried about. Because she has been giving us a hard time about money and now this has came up. We will see how it goes. Not sure when we will tell I think after we found out for sure.
  • Thank you, I'm glad it went bso well for you two. My mother wont be too big of an issue, my dad will be disappointed but my boyfriends mom is the one who I'm more worried about. Because she has been giving us a hard time about money and now this had came up. We will see how it goes. Not sure when we will tell I think after we found out for sure.