breast pumps?

edited August 2011 in Breastfeeding
What type of breast pumps has everyone used? Good and bad? I need personal opinions from actual people lol... so if you've used one and hated it let me know and if you've used one and loved it let me know! Please I need all the help I can get... I don't have much to spend but need a good pump and don't wanna spend what I DO have on something that's not going to do the job... any suggestions and experiences would be GREATLY appreciated! :)

Comments

• I have used the Medela pump in style, it worked great no complaints :) I haven't used any other pumps other than that one so I don't have anything to compare it to! they are kinda spendy but they seem to be cheaper at the baby depot :)
  • Yea that's where I seen the medela single basic electric its like 49.99 there and was really wanting to here reviews on all kinds before I made a permanent decision... thanks @3rd_bumps_a_charm :)
  • I have a medela harmony. (manual) I tried it today.lol it works.
  • I was told by the lady at babies r us that the $50 madela was not for everyday use
  • It depends on which brand. The medela harmony is for occasions but the medela pump In style and.some other ones are for everyday use @momof22be
  • Do you receive wic? Or will you for the baby? I got a medela symphony from wic, which is a hospital grade electric pump, for free. I can't keep it forever, but for as long as I need it. It's awesome.
  • I have a Medela Instyle. I got it used on Ebay for$75, it retails for over $300!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hmmm well thanks ladies! I guess ill have to keep looking.. I'm looking at the medela basic but the electric.. I just need something that works... =/... I found a playtex nurser double electric pump as well and read some good reviews on that one, and it fits the playtex drop in bottles, but again I'm afraid to spend money on something that I don't know enough about...
  • I went to a breastfeeding class. The teacher said to stay away from the playtex ones. A cheaper electric one that was recommended is a brand called lansinoh. Its 159 at babies r us, BUT right now all pumps are 20% off which makes it roughly 127. Its a double electric. I think I am going with that one based on reviews I found online as well.
  • Ya @mommy2isaiahngiselle
    ... I refuse to use a used pump that's why I'm not going to have wic help me with that.. I'm not judging anyone if they are I'm just stating personally I will not because of my own personal reasons... anyways yes I plan on using it daily so I need something that is going to hold up... hmmm maybe I will just invest in one of the higher priced medelas... I believe you get what you pay for but I just don't wanna spend that much lol it will be more than my crib and changing table together haha! But well worth it if it does the job! :)
  • @marie0907 thank you so much for telling me that.. looks like I won't be using that one either... I think ill just go with medela.. unless anyone else recommends another brand over medela?
  • edited August 2011
    The one I'm getting is the madela @ babies r us it is normally 279 but with the 20% off I'll get it for around 224 so it is worth it for sure and also my health insurance offers it free so all I go is send in the reciept for a full reimbursement so check with your health insurance for sure. :) good luck
  • edited August 2011
    I got the Ameda double electric....I went to a breastfeeding class and they said Medela and Ameda were the best ones
  • I have the lansinoh double electric its on but there are a ton of parts to wash all the tine which is a pain
  • I bought a used madela pump in style, its the original so its older but all the reviews for it are great, my SIL has the same one and she loves it.

I understand why some pumps you wouldn't want to get used, but this one you can replace everything that comes in contact with the milk so its sanitary.
  • Yeah the wic pumps that you have to return are closed system pumps where the milk can't get into any bits that can't be replaced so they are safe