castor oil!

edited August 2011 in Third Trimester
Drank about 2 ounces of castor oil at 6! Nothing yet... I'm 3 1/2 cm dilated, 80% effaced & losing my mucous plug. Any mommies have success stories with this method?!

Comments

• My bf has done it with 2 pregnancies with great success but she says u need to do 4oz of castor Oil
  • @momto4 - oh gosh...I could barley do two! It doesn't taste bad just a bad texture :/ but I mixed mine with rootbeer. But ill maybe try the rest of the bottle if it doesn't work!

@bettymomma - oh man :( I'm sorry! My doctor told me to try anything lol he says she's ready..but I'm not looking forward to the time on the toilet haha
  • How long is it supposed to take??
  • Where Can Yu Buy It?
  • I tried it the other day no luck gave myself an enema last.night no luck
    @mommyy2be I bought it at dollar general
  • This Baby HAS To Go In 2 Weeks Max I Cant Take It Anymore X(
  • edited August 2011
    @Mommyy2be: I know! I felt the same way! But all castor oil did was give me contractions! Really really bad ones! She just wasn't ready. & I'm due in 7 days! I'm just waiting on her now...
  • Hopefully She Is Ready Bcus Im Sooo Done & How Long Did It Take To Work?
  • Sorry! @mommyy2be - Um 3 1/2 hours to really start working. But I mixed mine with rootbeer so I think it diluted the oil a little? I only went to the bathroom twice but I had horrible contractions :(
  • Are Yu Supposed To Mix It With Anything Or Can Yu Drink It Str8?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mommyy2be: I'd mix it with a carbonated drink. Or chase it with coke or something!! Its not something I'd drink plain :/
  • I did it with my oldest 3. I downed 4oz straight and chased it with oj. It worked all three times.
  • Lol Im A FTM So Im Clueless
  • edited August 2011
    I want to try it! but I heard it causes your baby to stress & could cause bby to have bile movement while still in the womb.. ??? iwas told to try it with orange juice, i soooo want to do it tho
  • @new_mommy9_21 - I couldn't imagine doing it with orange juice lol try it with something you don't mind giving up...I can't look at rootbeer the same right now lol

@tlj2011 - how?! I did 2 oz I couldn't imagine the whole 4oz! But I guess that's why it only worked a little for me
  • Trust me its hard to do. And the bowel movement in utero thing is not true it just pure coincedence that it happens to some people. Your body never actually absorbs the castor oil.
  • I Will Be Trying It Labor Day Weekend While The Bd Is Home From College :) Hopefully It Works