Daddy at shower too

edited August 2011 in Baby showers
Since my husband is in the Army, we've only been living here for 6 months so most of our friends are from his company. My husband wants to be at the shower which in turn means most of his friends will be here too. I'm having a breakfast kind of shower so that everyone can have the rest of the day to enjoy off. Just wondering about some games for the guys to get involved in, too, so that they're not all just sitting around. Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• Bottle game - whoever drink from ut the fastest wins. Makes sure you specify to NOT rip the nipple off, or take the cap off.

• Just let them sit around. Guys don't really like games.
  • I agree with @blueberrysmom...I think my bf would be annoyed if we had him play games
  • My husband wants to play the pin the sperm on the egg game but other than that he's not too thrilled about the other games we've come up with. I want to give him some more ideas to see what he thinks.
  • My husband is coming to my shower. It is mostly his family, and he is not leaving me with all of them for 3 hours!!
  • The measure your belly with toilet paper, my hubby liked that one! He purposely guessed waaaaay too many and he thought it was hilarious lol. If you do the drinking bottle game you could put beer in it to make it fun for the guys.
  • My husband is in the army too. We had a co-ed shower, so his friends came. We played the diaper game (where you melt candy in it, so it looks like poop) and the baby food game (smell or taste it to guess the kind) My husband liked it and so did his friends.
  • I thought about baby pong (beer pong with a plastic baby instead of a ball) but since the shower is going to be in the morning with breakfast type foods, alcohol is probably not a good idea. I mentioned the measure the belly game and he didn't like it, but maybe he'll be more open to doing it with toilet paper rather than string. It's been difficult planning for the guys with a morning shower. I just know that I like the time I get to spend with my husband on the weekends so I didn't want to take that away from everyone else.
  • edited August 2011
    For my friend shower my hubby and I wanted to have co-ed baby shower. We are having it in his bar so that the guys can choose to participate in the games or they can shoot pool, throw darts or just drink cold beer and watch. I've often heard from a lot of guy friends who have gone to showers that were at homes that they were bored out of their minds bcuz they're not having babies or don't have babies so it isn't a big deal to them. I think it depends on the crowd though (age, likes and what not).

Maybe do a brunch time shower. That way u can do baby pong at like noonish and it isn't weird?
  • The guys in my baby shower loved the measuring my belly game.
    They had a blast making fun of each others mistakes.. Guys smh
  • We're having it 10-1 so they could still do baby pong I guess. I'd like to have it somewhere other than my house, but we're in such a small town everything's booked wayy far in advance. Another reason we decided to do it at my house was because I don't want to have to worry about hauling everything back after the shower and clean up can take as long as I want or need it to.
    Thanks for all the suggestions and comments though! I really appreciate it!