spicy foods.......?

edited February 2011 in Health
Why aren't we aloud to have them..?

Comments

• I think you can its just that you probably wont want too because you have the most horrible acid reflux ever while.prego. (well I do, I know everyones diff) and don't quote me on this...I may be wrong but I sore I read to just avoid spicy foods cuz of this ;)
  • You can eat them it will just give you heart burn. I eat spicy food every day and my baby boy actually loves it.
  • I eat tons of spicy foods and don't get heart burn at all!! I have eating spicy food my entirelife and now that im pregnant I crave it even more!! My baby girl loves it!!
  • edited February 2011
    I don't get heart burn never really have but i put hot sauce on everything and I'm going threw a Jar of peperonchinis every 2 days and pickled jalapinos on & in everything or just by themselves and green chilli on my doritos i can't live without spicy foods
  • I can't either. If they told me I couldn't eat it I would tell them they were crazy.
  • Its cause its suposed 2 start labor. I read online how 2 start labor it said spicy food is a way 2 start ur labor naturally.
  • I have never had a doc tell me no spicy foods, I think your advised to avoid them if you want to avoid heartburn or reflux. But honestly you can get heartburn from ANYTHING when ur prego.
  • I never had heartburn in my life. Not even with my first pregnancy. I love spicy food and eat it all the time.
  • I eat spicy food every day...I love it. I don't get much heartburn either..but wow, I have never heard of it starting labor though
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Its only suposed 2 start it when ur already close 2 ur due date idk if it works cause I love spicy food and been eating it threw out my whole pregnancy. For the last 3 days ive been having contractions but I havent ate anything spicy 4 almost a week.
  • I was told that spicy foods burn your baby eyes and mess with your baby eyes cause them to be red but I never like spicy foods until I got pregnant