50%

Efaced what does that really mean? Im not dialated yet at all. Whats your opion on wen labor will posiblity start?

Comments

• I'm not sure how about the percentage part, but being effaced means your cervix is thinning out/softening. Did your doctor tell you how effaced you were, or did you have to ask? All my doc tells me is I'm getting softer & softer, so next visit I'm going to ask for a percentage.
  • He just told me I didnt have to ask and this was.my first time being checked his words " your 50% effaced soft as butter but your cervix is.closed"
  • Oh, gotcha! :) You never really know when labors coming. I'm a FTM, and I asked a simular question awhile back. Labor is different for everyone. One person can have closed cervix one day, and be 4cm the next. And, another person can be 1cm for weeks (like me :( ) It just all depends on your body & pregnancy.
  • Well I hope mine opens fast I only have 8 days left
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 50% is halfway. At 0% cervix is very thick. At 100% it is almost non existent, very thin, and that's where it has to be to deliver the baby.
  • I'm 3cm and extremely soft and im not in active labor...they say I have to be 4cm to be considered active labor! It was 3cm when I had my last two
  • They wouldn't admit me till I got to a 5! So every hospital and ob are different I guess :/