birth story

edited August 2011 in Birth Stories
Hey guys! Had my baby girl 7/31 7 lbs 10oz 21 inches long. I started having contractions that Thursday every 5 mins. Dr sent me to hospital and they sent me home due to zero dilation! Went back home and suffered thru all of friday with contractions every 5 mins and went back to hospital sat morning and was dilated to 3 1/2 cm. After hours of no change they sent me home AGAIN with a shot of morphine and ambien. Well sat afternoon I decided to take castor oil to speed things up b/c of pain (2oz). My contractions got more intense and I jus sat on the toilet an pooped and rocked back an forth for hours! Well 4am sun morn my pain was beyond a 10! I got DH up an we went to hospital again. By this time I was 6cm! I got my epidural Abt 20 mins after I arrived! I progressed nicely and at 430pmme I was 91/2 cm so my doc made me start pushing. At 534pm she was out! No rips or tears and this was my 1st baby. But she did poop in utero and I had meconium in my amniotic fluid! So I got to see her for a few seconds and they took her to nursery to suction her lungs and watch her breathing. But she turned out fine and very beautiful!

So ladies what u got from this birth experience is to not ever try castor oil bc I don't know if that made her poop or not. To religiously rub vitamin e oil on perineum starting at 34weeks bc I swear I think that's y I didn't tear, and also I did the EPO to soften cervix and I think that helped also!

Comments