So I bought CO and EPO, what now?

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
I lost my plug on friday. What do I do with these vitamins, how do I use them?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How many weeks are u? I insert 4 epoc, 500 mg. tablets into my vagina everynight before bed. Wouldnt recommend co bc my drs tell me the baby could have their first bm before they are born, which is not good! Plus it makes u feel like crap!
  • Take 1000mg of epo in the morning and insert 1000mg in vagina before bed. I wouldnt do CO for fear of first bm.
  • I'm 36+2, I'm scared to do the co but wanna try the epo. Do I have to break the capsul or just put it in, and how far? @jenna218xx @mom2be
  • dont break it..it will dissolve over night. i just insert it about 1/2 inch...just enough so that I cant feel it in my vaginal opening.
  • Ok and what is it supposed to do? And does it work? How long? This is my third baby idk if that matters @mom2be
  • I insert mine as far as I can reach. Make sure too wear a panty liner because it will leak a bit. Ive been using epo since almost 37 weeks and ill be 39 tomorrow, hasn't really helped much I amg effaced though.
  • Its supose to just help soften your cervix.
  • Im a FTM...but my midwife recommended the epo to thin out my cervix. It has prostaglandins which are also present in sperm--they help thin you out. It wony induce labor though just makes it easier when dilating. Use it until you go into labor. I started Thursday when I reached 37 weeks.
  • @homebirthadvocate is correct ladies. Although I have no personal experience with either, I've done plenty of reading on my own. I may consider epo when I reach that time, but there is no way I will ever attempt CO. Some may say that if I had to sit overdue I would be tempted, but I went 8 days overdue with my son and not once did I ever consider CO. Being overdue was plenty uncomfortable without the thought of pooing my brains out. lol