to early for L and D or not..?

edited August 2011 in Labor
I'm 36+5 weeks, on Wednesday I was 90% effaced and dialated 4cm. Since about 1 pm today I have had what I think constitute contractions (there painful and getting worse) but there not regular (any where from 5 to 25 minutes apart and lasting anywhere from 15-60 seconds at times). Water hasn't broken that I can tell but I'm a ftm and worried maybe I have missed it somehow. My plan is to try to rest tonight and sleep if I can, if the pain is to bad to sleep through or the contractions get closer, I will give in and go to L and D. (Dr says not to call him, if I think its labor, just go). Does this sound reasonable or should I just go already? I'm worried they will say its early and send me home anyway..? Just looking for some advice, thanks ladies :)

Comments

• They sent you home being at 4cm? Wow! I would go in just to be monitored and have water checked it can easily be missed! Good luck!
  • If you can't sleep through the pain definitely go in. If your water breaks you won't miss it you'll either get a big gush of fluid or will be constantly wet, leaking
  • I missed my water breaking with my son...its very common and not the same for everyone. You could be in the bath, shower, using restroom, or even have a slow leak...all easy ways to be undetected
  • @2boiz_1gurl thank you! I was checked at my last dr apt and it does seem strange he sent me home :( he said he would be suprised to see me at my next apt (this wed) but would see me in L and D lol. I'm confused and sore, that's all I know. Thanks for the response, I'm gonna hold out as long as I can but I just don't know what to think..
    @lily_glz nice name..our babys name will be Lilly Renea :) thanks for the advice, dr said I won't miss it either and he thinks it'll break soon but I have had a kinda strange (for me anyway) discharge so I think I'm worried I could mistake the my water for the discharge :( if I can't sleep I will definately be going.
  • I think he didn't send you to l&d at yourappt bc you weren't in active labor and they can't help things along since technically you're not term. Loooove her name!! I love lily and I would name my daughter that if it wasn't my name, my whole name is liliana and my daughter will be elianna :) .. amywho I hope its your time, I imagine its uncomfortable walking around at 4cm dilated!
  • Watery discharge I have that too I went to L&D because I thought my water broke the other day but nope it didn't so I'll never kno if my water breaks this pregnancy just because of this discharge...my water didn't even break with my daughter until I was 9cm so if your contractions don't ease up go in! Your most likely in early labor but being that you were already 4cm is scary! I'm 3cm my doctor said once at 4 I'll stay!
  • your 4cm already!? lucky! I get checked on friday and I hopeeeee that I'm dilated some what. I can't believe they didn't keep you for 4cm! That sounds crazy.
  • They Are SUPPOSED To Admitt Yu @ 4cm Thats Crazy
  • @lily_glz that makes sence, he did say even tho he thinks it will be this week, he would like to get us to 37 weeks if possible. Thanks! I am really uncomfortable but I want her to be as healthy as she can be so its worth it (I hope) lol
    @boiz_1gurl that's scarry that you missed it, I worry about that but dr reassured me I will know, now I'm not to sure :( if it gets any worse, I'm just gonna go in. Better safe then sorry, even if it is a total waste of time I guess. Just feel kinda silly cause I just don't know what's going on. I try to trust myself but I can't figure out what's happening and I don't know if I can even explain it right...? Just stressed and scared I guess. Thanks for listening tho
  • @cait_septembermommy hello my DD buddy :) I feel lucky and unlucky all at the same time lol. I hope your progressing too cause I'm not gonna make it till 9-6 so you need to pop early too so we can still be DD buddies lol j/k!! Let's just have em healthy and that'll be good enough for me!
    @mommyy2be idk..I'm a ftm lol!! He seemed suprised I was that far progressed (it was the first time he checked to see if I was even dialated). I hope he knows what he's doing, I need to be able to trust this person to take care of us and I already don't trust very easily
  • @momtob :) yeah healthy is the best way! I'm just so miserable it'd be nice if she came a little early! We will see soon :) Well good luck! keep me updated!
  • Lucky Yu I Wish It Was Me :)
  • Ya I'm 37 w 4 d and have not had a single contraction :( but have terrible low back and pelvic pain. I have an app today. I think I'm 0 everything. But hope something happened !! Due Sep 1
  • Any updates?
  • *update* my water broke up high at about 3 am and I came to l and d around 7 am. 5cm dialated and 90% effaced. They admitted me, broke my water the rest of the way and were having this baby today! Wish us luck :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good luck!!
  • Good luck. :)
  • edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Good luck!