Dont think im having a shower :(

edited August 2011 in Baby showers
Well not unless my church throws me one... Me and my bd are no longer together and the last pregnancy his family was my baby shower. I don't have many friends I can count on so I don't think I even wanna go through embarrassment of inviting all of them only for them not to show. I think I'm gona just go with my bd on the 1st and get all the stuff my lil man needs and be done with. I might register and if his family wants to get me something. Is anyone else not having a shower?

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I didn't :/ because I moved at 20wks, and know nobody. We finally have everything we absolutely need, but I could use more.
  • @Caroline8_p well that a good reason not to... I have a friend that says she wants to throw it but she forgets my due date and she hasn't put in any effort. Plus she has her own issues. My last shower I didn't have to do anything maybe I just got spoiled. Lol idk
  • I'm on my 4th child...never had a baby shower . Always just went out got what I wanted. Then mom n g'mas n me go out one day n get whatever I want/need. After baby comes other people show up with stuff. I'm quite glad I never had a baby shower. This way I get what I want from those real close to me and don't have to deal with people I never see or a party. Plus the less money wasted on feeding everyone else n decorations go to my baby stuff ;-) ys know
  • I wnt have a shower either, my bf throw me one first time round but since she's had two kids, youngest 4mths old and I kno her hands r full and I dnt kno anybody else who wud b bothered. Me nd my mum no longer spk and my sis wud never make the effort.
    Am gonna just do one big shoppin end of the month with hubby, am more comfortable with the idea of buyin our own stuff anyway. Ppl can always give gift cards after if they choose to!!
  • @sexysecondtimemom yea that's true and its not as exciting as it was the 1st time... Its more stressful
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I didn't have one either. I got put on bed rest an my hubby an I decided to just buy wat we needed
  • @gabschillin yea your right and at my last shower only a couple people chose to use the registry. Smh
  • I won't be having one either. We're stationed @ a base +600 miles from home & I don't know anyone here.
  • Im not having one either....new city and i hardly know anyone. Im on bedrest so i cant take a 9 hour trip to go home. I created a registry in case family and friends back home wanted to buy gifts though but i doubt they will.
  • I just had one and i can honestly tell u i would have preffered not to! Its too much stress since i threw my own bby shower and none of my feiends that said they were going went wich kinda hurt.. and i waisted money that could have been used in better ways! I say go buy ur own things
  • Im not having a baby shower bcuz I hve expensive taste n nobody in my family r even my friends could afford to buy the stuff I want! So I bout it myself! I've never had a baby shower n this is my 4 th child
  • my sister and i threw my younger sisters shower now that im prego my yournger sister and my nana are throwing mine i like them bc i get to see family and they get to see me before i deliver alot of them live out of state like 3 states away.
  • Don't feel bad, I'm not having one either. No one has stepped up to say they are. And most of my family don't care for my husband. And his family is far away. I did expect some things from them off my registry, but I haven't recieved anything and I'm 37 weeks..oh well for me
  • I had one with over 50 people from my family... I recieved nothing off my registry (Well one gift card for the registry store) and only 2 packages of diapers. Mainly clothes, which I already had containers of clothes... I think the only non-clothes I recieved was a baby book.
    We did do my 5yo's bday at the same time so she at least got some cute clothes and toys. But I was actually quite disappointed in my family (wont tell them that though) ... its so not like them...
  • @lala123 that's how I felt last year.. Def don't wanna go through that again. @Preggomommyof4 yea my job tried to throw a shower for my daughter and if u would have saw some of the stuff they got. Ugh this one girl chose to give a bag full of hand me down clothes and my daughter couldn't fit any of it.
  • @serenitysmommy my family n friends would just show up to eat wit a pacifier r a bottle r something else cheap n complain bout not hving money to buy nothing else! My MIL bout some preemie clothes off clearance for a $1 for my last son n he was 7lbs 9oz smdh! So don't feel bad!
  • Am not due to ppl in my family being two faces
  • I didnt...my friends are so spread out throughout the states that it wouldve been pointless because i know they wouldn't have come...we just got everything ourselves!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Nope, not having one! I hate showers of all kinds...the only reason I had a bridal shower is cause my coworkers threw a surprise one...I did a registry to keep track of what I like and if a random relative wants to buy something...hubs and myself are taking care of most of it...why should I expect people to buy me stuff because we decided to have a baby?? My family and friends love and support us everyday, I don't need an organized "gimme stuff" party to know that...just a personal choice I guess