DNA Testing

Question:

IS IT WRONG OR DISRESPECTFUL TO ASK FOR A DNA TEST??

..I've been advised to, by friends, family and professional healthcare & it would give me confirmation.

...I don't want it to be another issue to fight about..I would do it, if asked..

Comments

• She might it upset that u ask her for a DNA test. Do u think the baby is not urs
  • Uhm mu bd asked for on I was a lil hurt by it but I dont care anymore Its his money he's wasting, if u don't believe Its ur yes get one, bm might be a lil mad tho
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • if Ryleigh's daddy ever asked me for one, i'd make sure he was never able to make another baby again..
    do u have a really good reason for second guessing that the baby is urs?
  • Its better to be safe than sorry. Imagine developing a relationship with the child and then discovering its not yours and you have no rights to him/her. And don't ever pay child support without knowing for sure.
  • Were u not exclusive when she got prego? If not she should understand, but if u were and have no reasons to doubt I'd be upset!
  • My bd didn't even have the courage to ask me himself. I had to hear it from his mother so I'm pretty mad still. He has no reason for doubts but his friends and family are telling him he needs one so his party life doesn't stop. If you truly have reason for doubt then ask, its your right but if not and its something you are doing to make everyone else happy it'll be a problem because it does hurt and she won't forget it.
  • Its going to ruffle feathers for sure BUT if there's any doubt..

Me and my husbands family urged him to get one done (at the time of birth we were just dating and they were going thru divorce) because she had angrily stated she cheated on him (backed up by third party sightings).

I read your other post and I can understand why you would request one. Finding out she's pregnant by her bump rather than her calling and telling you os suspect IMO

You're asking for it so you'd have to pay. Do research..some hospitals can/will do the test. Also there are mobile units that come to you. My advice DO NOT ask for it to be done prior to birth, once baby os here is good enough. I think another girl posted that attorney general(?) office offers them for free-dont quote me on that though lol
  • Yep do it.......protect yourself. If this happened to one of my boys I would encourage them too!!
  • Here in Georgia, you can have them done at the hospital at birth. I'd strongly advise solid DNA test evidence if you want to have an active role in either child's life. I don't know how either mother will take the request, but if she has the courage of her convictions and she knows you are the father, then she shouldn't give you any grief. Either way, good luck, you will certainly need it in this oh so delicate situation.
  • She will be upset I think no matter how u ask. But the more respectful u r the better. Honestly no women wants to hear that. But if u need to know then u need to know. Good luck hun!
  • If you have any doubts, ask for one. Just be respectful about it. You don't want to be paying child support for a child that isn't biologically yours.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im Giving My Bd One Not Bcus He Asked But For Future References & So He Can NEVER Deny Her
  • Exatcly what mommyy2be said. It should be manditory so you don't have to ask. Just tell her you will pay for it. But you have two don't you? You will have to test both to be fair. Id its just one then it looks like you are accusing her of something.
  • @amyduh

Wow..i agree...

...well said...
  • @amyduh I agree, but on a side note...marriage, sadly, doesn't mean a person will stay faithful. :(
  • Absolutly not!!! Its not about you denying your child its for your own rights. If your not married until the paternity is determined the father has No Rights. So actually I woukd recomend any unmarried father-to-be to have one just be careful how you ask & exsplain your reasons why & if she has no doubts she should understand
  • *collective reply

I'm not the asshole type...I would never deny any child...my issue is knowing my obligatory responsibility as a dad...or as a friend, should I not be the biological father...

...I'd just like to have certainty...because I'd hate to invest my emotions..then have the "rug" pulled from under me...
  • If u didn't have a reason to wonder u wouldn't need to ask....that's why guys ask....right?
  • I dont think all men ask because they're not sure some just want it in writting just incase something happens. Say if the mother died with out paternity established the father has no rights so cps/dhs could come take the child & he couldnt do anything
  • You have every right to ask for a DNA! You don't want to spend money and time if your not the dad you don't want to get attached and have the baby attached to you and then find out its not yours all of that will cause is hurt and you probably don't want yourself or that baby to get hurt!
  • @nicoleok87

...well, its not insecurity...

...lmfao...I'll be 38 next week...&...both of my BMs are 22...and..I've been told that they're "hot"...and..."i'm lucky to have 2 fine ass beezies promoting my blood-line"...LOL (real statements, from my friends...haha)

...& I'm not hard on the eyes...either (if you are into ethnic indifference)...I'm tall & muscular (6'2 195lbs)...& ...for some reason everyone thinks I'm like 28...wtf?...I try to keep myself tight...LOL...so, I just want the tests before I sign..then have to amend the birth documents...

...&...if there is a chance there were multiple partners...I'd rather not rely on the babies color...as my default "baby identifying system"...LOL...
  • Lol....not sure Wut looks gotta do with it...but um....if a man trusts a woman he don't need a test. If u do...then get one!! That's my two cents..
  • Ok, I didn't feel like reading every post here. Lol sorry but if no ones said it yet...u known u can test without bm's even knowing!!
  • @nicoleok87

...I don't think its an issue of looks...more like, these are desirable women and the possibility of multiple partners, exists...

...not that I'm questioning their integrity...I just know a test can eliminate my doubt...

I'd love to believe everyone is monogamous...but...I don't...LOL...

*& hi...I welcome your 2 cents...
  • Oh u wana do it before u sign birth certificates ...I see.
  • @ mommyof3tobe

oooooh reeeeeaaallly?

website?...

: )
  • @ mommyof3tobe

Yeah...or at least I can begin the test at birth...& I have 8 weeks to amend the papers, right?

: )