orgasms??

edited August 2011 in Labor
Do orgasms help induce labor? Without actually having sex? I know the semen works a bit but bf out of town :/ but have any of u ladies tried it and has it helped any?

Comments

• I can't say that it ever worked for me but if u do it multiple times and nipple stimulation I'm sure u would get some contractions
  • @kailiasmomma05 im trying to do good natural things to try n help me, im only 37+4 but Dr says she feels a big baby n that scares me a bit lol
  • It haven't help me :( still pregnant
  • I'm going to try epo starting Friday ill be 35w 2d and u would take 2 caps and insert 3-4 caps vaginaly my doc just gave me the ok today it is natural and should help ripen your cervix and help get things going and I read that yes orgasms do help as well as the seemen
  • @momof22be my dr told me not to take epo that's why im trying everything else
  • I heard it does
  • I wouldn't worry about size. My doc tried telling me with both my babies I was having over 8 pounders... My son was 6lbs 5ozs and my daughter was 7lbs 6ozs.
  • @bke913 I really hope its just her "estimate" cause I really don't want a big baby... same dr told m sister she would have an 8pounder n my nephew weighted 8.7 that's still not too big im worried bout him being at least 9lbs
  • Ooh! Lol im so new to this. But what is it for? Gosh so many questions :)
  • @fiirsttiimemommy2b its gel capsules that u can take orally and insert into vagina to help soften the cervix.. im not sure how many to take though... other preglys have taken the pills and there's discussions bout it, since I can't take it I didn't get all into it lol
  • edited August 2011
    That sucks that u can't try it Hun I guess try the ball walking squats nipple stimulation stairs good luck mama and keep me posted. :)
    @fiirsttimemommy2b yes its supposed to ripen your cervicx and prepare your body it will soften it and let u efface and dialate check out my discussion vbac help me prepare
  • @momof22b yes im trying all of that, its just to help me a bit, I don't want him out like now, which would be nice though :) I have a dr tomorrow hopefully I've dilated some more..last week I was only 1cm lol
  • @august22baby really?? How fast? luck with my luck ill prolly try it and still not help lol but I been doing the pineapple, walking, stairs, squats, next im going to try some teas, rasberry and cinnamon
  • Clitoral stimulation makes me have intense contractions but only if I cum. They stay pretty irregular tho. It's worth a try tho :)
  • @kingsmama yes I have irregular contractions also.. thanks for the info :) I will update tomorrow morning hopefully I've "opened" up some more lol
  • Ya I've never been one to masturbate by putting my vibrator inside me, bit I love clitoral stimulation. And I'm at 1cm and 50% soft and ripe. Idk if its from masturbation or other things tho. But contractions r always a good sign if ur close to delivery :)
  • @kingsmama how far along r u?
  • 37 weeks exactly :) how about u? I'm getting induced in 7 days...well 6 days now!
  • I am 37+4... wow im jealous lol is there a reason you r getting induced? @kingsmama
  • Ya I got blood clots from a kidney stone removal surgery early in pregnancy and now I'm on blood thinners. My OB wants it to be a controlled labor and delivery so I can come off the blood thinner shots just in case I bleed too much or need a c section my blood won't be too thin and run the risk of bleeding out cuz my blood won't clot.
  • @kingsmama oh I see! Well I wish u the best :) I hope everything turns out great
  • Hehe u too hun :) we will be mommys before we know it! Then we will blink r eyes and they will be having babies of their own.