Baby shower date ???

edited August 2011 in Baby showers
So now that I know the sex everyone is asking me when im going to have my shower and the girls at work have already been asking to help plan it ( which I am all for! ) Because I am at the end of Dec. people have been saying I should have my shower in Nov. but i worry about that because people go out of town for Thanksgiving and what now. So I was thinking the end of Oct. Do you think the Sunday before Halloween ( 10/30/11 ) because Halloween is a Monday this year, would be ok? I wanted to do something during the day like 11:30-12:00 till 2:00-3:00 and have lunch and what not for everyone because the guest list is at about 30 people.

Comments

• my daughters bday is Nov 21 she was born the day before Thanksgiving so every year I have her bday party the Sat after Thanksgiving which seems to work great for everyone cause we have family from out of state come in that are able to attend plus everyone loves that they can get her gift on Black Friday! lol
  • Ohh Black Friday I forgot about that! Plus im sure not many people shop for baby items on Black friday hmm you might have something there lol
  • Sounds good to me ! Am due first week of december and we are doing it october 1st..pretty much bec nov will be a cold month and busy month for everyone and bec my coworkers know I've been shopping from way back so it is basically to give me more time to shop and enjoy..
  • I'm.due Jan 1 and planning my baby shower for Dec 3. Black Friday shopping sounds great! The less something is the more inclined ppl are to buy. You might make out like a bandit.