Working moms

edited August 2011 in Parenting
Hey ladies I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow and everyone's asking what I plan on doing after I return to work. How do you ladies plan on finding childcare or how did you?

Comments

• Mother in law is retired and my sister works from home one day a week! Thank God that worked out lol
  • Baby is due in Dec. my mom is a bar tender at a private golf club and the club is closed in the winter so she is off till April ish so she will be watching my little girl while im at work then when she goes back to work my boyfriend (babydaddy) works over nights and is home during the day (sleeping) but he will deal!
  • My bf's grandmother will be watching our son. Thank goodness! Or else I'd just quit work.
  • I went back to work about a month ago, my little one is 14 weeks today.

I looked for daycares online by googling them. Once I found some that I liked online, I searched reviews and the ones with great reviews, I wrote down. Then, I called each one to ask general questions like what kind of services they offer, their turnover rate for employees, pricing, etc. From there, I narrowed it down to a place that is on the way to work, has nothing but great reviews, who's facilitator was open to answering all my questions with pleasure, and allowed me to come view the site before hand. I met with the teachers of each class (i have a pre-k child as well as my infant) and asked them how they planned curriculum and activities for the day. I also looked at things like menu schedule, complaints from the better business bureau, and how many children had been there for a long time.

As you can tell, I was thorough in narrowing it down, but after two months of searching, I found the best I could find. I, so far, am very happy with my choice. My son is learning amazing things, and my daughter is picked up happy, fed, and in one piece lol.
  • @MattandMallory27 and @rlittleone I wish I had a family member who could watch my baby, but I don't :(

@BkE913 I hoping I can find a good one too.... I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to find somewhere that speaks Spanish to the kids. That is a BIG requirment of ours.

• I think most daycares do teach some Spanish, but I'm not sure. I don't think the one I take my kids to does, but that's not a big deal for me because even though I'm Hispanic, I don't speak Spanish Haha.
  • I plan on getting a job after baby but I'm everyones baby sitter!! As in I pick up\drp off my nieces,nephew and son from school and I'm gonna add a newborn :\ then I watch them til around 430 or 5 and I'll have to cook dinner and make sure they're all fed. And I don't charge! I may not be able to work