After 2 in a half days of labor shes finally here!!!!!!!!

edited August 2011 in Birth Stories
So I was admitted to labor and delivery on Monday the 15th. Due date (August 26th) @ 38 weeks My doctor told me since my first born was almost 9 lbs he wanted me to be induced to avoid a complicated delivery. So all the while my stomach was HUGE extremely BIG everyone assumed I was having twins.. come to find out none of the ultra sound techs at my doctors appt told me there was an excessive amount of fluid so my little baby was just swimming everywhere.. until I was admitted into the hospital they found out about the fluid..to make a long story short. The inducing process was not the best but by far I didn't have to have a c section. I almost gave up hope! I was 1 centimeter for 2 days even with the poticin and cervidil nothing just wasn't working for me.. on day 2 I wasn't making progress. They gave me the highest dosage of poticin after day 1 because apparently I was contracting and not feeling any pains or dilating. Everytime I was checked I was stuck on 1. Well to my surprise around 7:30 pm est time I was 3 centimeters, the doctor broke my water and I had her at 12:30 am August 17th. She was 6 lbs 13.02 ounces 20 inches long. Kaliyah pronounced(Ka-lie-ah) Imani Johnson can finally meet her 6 year old sister A'nyla :) good luck to you ladies

Comments