C-Section mamas please help??

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
Hey mamas I'm scheduled to have a c section sept 8th. I am sooooooo scared of staples for some reason and want to request stitches... is there really a big differencre.. with my first they used disolving stitches so I didn't have to have anything removed... but my doc this time uses staples normally... any help or advice on which is better id like to know. And your experiences... I'm scared bc id imagine staples being very uncomfy and then they have to remove them at a later date.... sooo scary to me =/

Comments

• I've only had the stitches. Never staples. Im scared to death of getting staples.
  • Staples don't hurt I promise! Mine we're taken out before I left hospital....I wouldn't want stitches not sure y Lol....it was quick n easy I only felt a little pinch on the end staples
  • @azmom thanks! I'm trying to make myself feel better about it but its difficult! =/ idk why I'm so afraid of them.. I just picture a staple gun like they use for carpentry work and wood work and it scares the bajesus out of me, so I'm trying to get experiences from everyone to make myself fell better.. doc said I can request stitches but it takes a little longer to put them in... but he usually uses staples...
  • My last csection they used some type of glue. I think they stitch the inside and glue the outside... it scared me but it worked and there was nothing for them to take out. I've had staples and the only time it bothered me was when I was having them taken out but I it wasn't that bad and I have a very low tolerance for pain. Good luck hun.
  • @wallieheadbaby3 thank you mama! I hope I can convince myself it will be okay lol, I'm sure I will forget to remind my doc I want stitches instead of staples the day of bc ill be so anxious... I told him already but who knows if he wrote it down or will rememeber
  • edited August 2011
    Both times I had stitches that dissolved. Maybe you can talk to your doctor as far as your options.