opinion: if you met a boy with the name...

edited August 2011 in Baby names
Micah, would you call him "Mike?"
I really like the name, Micah, if we have a boy, but I don't want people calling him "mike." I hate that name (no offense to anyone). So I just wanna know how many ppl would have the urge to say "mike" or "mikey"?

Comments

• I would just call him by his name unless he tells me to call him something else, I hate putting nick names on people, they might not like it
  • Id just call him micah...
  • No...most Micah's usually just get called by that name instead of nicknames (unless their like fam nicknames and stuff).
  • Nope but the only Micah I currently know is a girl. But I also use the name people introduce themselves as.
  • I know a guy name micah,I call him micah but some call him Mike
  • Id call him micah.. I love the name btw :)
  • Thanks, ladies. I feel better about it now :)
  • My nephews name is gabriel and he is 4. He corrects anyone that calls him gabe so think he will end up deciding lol but my sister never wanted him called gabe. I don't think you have to worry about micah. Just correct people if they call him mike or Mikey.
  • One of my great friends name is micah and no one calls him mike.
  • Nope I would call him Micah! Love that name!
  • I personally would not call him Mike but my nephew is named Michael and EVERYONE will call him Mike or Mikey and my SIL gets REALLY REALLY upset. I know that is quite a bit different from Micah but if it is something that would really bother you I would be careful. I think my SIL sometimes wishes she would have chosen another name because of that reason.