severe depression almost sucidal. i need help

I just don't know why but I'm getting worse. I thought pregnant women were supposed to be happy and enjoy pregnancy. Not me though. At first I was moody and that was fine, its normal to be moody when pregnant. Next, it went from being moody to being kinda mean. Still thought it may be normal. Then I went from mean to just down right being angry and taking it out on the world and everyone around me. I told my doctor and was put on Welbutrin. Now, I feel like an empty shell. I'm severely depressed. I dont get out of bed anymore. I get on my phone and Facebook but I really don't talk to any body. I have spent the last two days staring at the wall and only getting up to pee. My dreams have turned into nightmares. I dream I slit my wrists and then wake up right before I die. I had no choice but to run out to my daughters school today, and as I'm going down the road I'm thinking how nice it would be if I slammed into a tree. I dont care about my appearance anymore. I don't bother looking in mirrors because I feel so ugly. I can't eat and I don't want to sleep because I wake up having anxiety. I have no idea what the hell happened to me!!! I'm having to stay with my parents because I left my BD. They are making my situation worse. They don't seem to give a shit that I'm slipping away they have to throw in my face that this isn't my house. I know this isn't normal, but is it possible that pregnancy hormones have caused this or is this something else?

Comments

• Honey u need to speak with ur dr an let them knw ur meds rnt workn. Mayb a counselor wld help?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I know exactly how you feel. Its even harder keeping it to yourself. I wish I could give you some type of advice but I just made a post about my own situation and I would feel like a hypocrite. I do hope you feel better
  • I would guess that its everything your going through magnified by pregnancy hormones. Call your nurse line and let them knoww wwhats going on the welbutrin obviously isn't working and you need help and support.
    is there anyway to get out of your parents house?
  • I'm scared if I tell them I think of sucide then I will ne hospitalized or my baby will ne taken away when she is born :,(
  • :( maybe you need diff meds, those may be making the depression worse. Good luck girl I really hope everything gets better, your in my prayers!
  • @_Kaykes thanks. I read your post too and wanted to comment but I can't help anyone when I can't help myself. I hope you feel better too
  • @Mama_Kat what if I get hospitalized? What if they want to take my baby when its born? I'm too scared to tell a doctor. I'm too scared to tell anyone
  • @beaded_bunny I have no where to go. I'm living here because I left the father of the baby I'm carrying. I have never really worked before because I was always a stay at home mom. I have no money. I don't know anything about section 8. I have never lived by myself before. I'm scared shitless, but the stress here is so overwhelming and suffocating. I just feel so lost and alone
  • @Mama_Kat I didn't know it could get that bad. I'm actually scared for me too :( I have an appointment next week but ill call first thing in the morning and tell them I need to be seen ASAP. I don't want to get so bad that I end up harming my children
  • If you are given the wrong meds it can make depression worse and suisidal thoughts more likely *like they say at the end of depression med commercials on tv*
    I don't know where you live but if your trying to help yourself and be healthy for your children I can't see srs taking your babies away. Its something like 10% of pregnant women suffer serious depression they can't just take a baby for something like that *I would hope*
  • Your kids need you. Call your local counseling center or something. They have 24/7 people out there in crisises like yours. They are there to help you. Your body could be doing the opposite of what the meds a re supposed to be doing. Which they are and that's not good. Think about your kids!!!! Hunny be smart get help don't do something stupid. Im. Worried about you!!! Call for help!
  • Sometimes psych meds can make symtoms.worse.talk to thr dr asap and try sitting in the sun for 15 min before it gets hot pref in the morning. Or take a 15 min walk.. It will allow you to soak up some vit D and gets ur natural hormones endorphans to be released.. I get deppressed if I dont di some sort of workout or get sub.. Vitiminr hormone imbalenced.. I came to that conclusion on my own.. Ive tried meds and they jus made me not feel at all .. So I quite after a couple of days and just started going on morn walks made me feel better
  • I'm sorry hun. I, think you should talk to someone get on something. Good luck hun hope it gets better.