would i be wrong?

edited August 2011 in Giving birth
Daddy and I are not together and not really getting along....would I be wrong if I just called him after the baby was born?

Comments

• I don't think so. U don't need any added stress during labor.
  • Yes thats wrong :( he has a right to be there when his baby is born.. But thats just my opinion..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yea idk what I would do in that situation. Sorry you have that decision to make :( good luck
  • I think u should call him once when your sure baby is on its way/induced whatever the situation but at least allow him the opportunity to show up...if he doesn't that's on him but at least give him the chance
  • Yes, he has that right to be there... no matter how u and him feel about eachother you're always gonna have to get along for the sake of your child.
  • Yes I think that's wrong. Even if the 2 of you are going through something, he still has the right to know his child is on the way. Goodluck hun.
  • Added stress makes labour harder and longer, and can cause complications. I would say tell him at the beginning of labour, but if his presence makes it harder, calmly explain you don't feel him being there will help.
    In my opinion.
  • Sigh.....I guess...
  • edited August 2011
    If he has expressed before that he wanted to be there, I think you should at least let him know and if he comes then great if not then his loss and don't worry about it :)
    It's your call. If he starts causing you stress while you're in labor you can tell hospital staff and they might make him leave or at least wait in the waiting room.
    Hopefully he'll surprise you and be a good bd!
  • Who knows, maybe the event of baby coming into the world will actually diffuse any disagreements of the moment and all can enjoy such a great experience and blessing of baby being born. If however, he comes and starts creating stress and drama, you can let your nurses know if he is no longer welcome and should kick him out for you. Just remember, your medical team is your advocate, not his. Good luck!
  • Does he want to be there? I say its kinda lame to exclude him if he wants to be there. But you don't need extra stress during labor he could even wait in the waiting room til its time to push. I know I love my husband and we are good but while I was in labor he annoyed me so bad.
  • It's totally your decision, but I personally think he should know. Even if you don't want him in the room...he should know that your in labor.