si joint dysfunction

edited August 2011 in Second Trimester
So I've had this horrible back pain since about the beginning of my second trimester. Well whenever I complain about it or anything everyone said it was my sciatic nerve but I knew it wasn't. Well its been getting a lot worse so I talked to my Dr today and its si joint dysfunction. I guess its the most common type of back pain in pregnancy. So I'm curious how many of you are or were dealing with it. Also if you've had it before did it affect your labor and how long it took to go away after birth. I read that it take up to three months or it doesn't go away and its just chronic. I'm also wondering what you ladies are doing to make it better. I've been reading techniques for everyday things like getting up or changing positions...I'm contemplating going to a chiropractor...anyone have any luck with a chiropractor? Thanks!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've had it for years even before pregnancy from a car accident, i will have it forever :( its very painful and sometimes it locks up and I can't move until the spasms go away. As for a chiropractor, they didn't do anything for me except take my money for a year. Idk if it would help better during pregnancy, some moms swear by it bit it doesn't help me at all. And this is my 1st baby so I'm no help on labor and delivery techniques. But I can say as baby gets bigger and when they drop of gets a lot worse.
  • @kingsmama that sounds painful. When r u due? Has your Dr said anything to you along the lines of labor being more painful?
  • @tricesbaby thanks for the bump!
  • Well my dd is Sept 6th bit I'm being induced on Monday night for a blood disorder I have ill be 37-6 then. My son is big but my OB is gonna let me try a vaginal birth. She said my hips may be too offset to pass him but we r gonna try 1st. She said tho don't be opposed to the idea of a c section cuz I may need one if my hips don't spread enough to pass him. She said it will hurt more but meds and an epi should help me np. We shall see tho. I'm gonna post my birth story for everyone so we will see how my back and hips handle it.