What causes a thread to get closed?

edited August 2011 in About App & Forum
I just wanted to know what causes? Is it profanity? Or something else? I don't want to cause anyones thread to get shut down so I would like to know.

?????

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I dont know but i'm still wondering why ur thread from yesterday got closed...
  • I can't figure it our honestly
  • edited August 2011
    Threads go off track very often. Bashing has happened in other threads but they weren't shut down.
    @qweennique I don't think the thread you started yesterday had any more drama than some of these other threads. And no one was being attacked or singled out.
  • @ExcitedForOctober I know I was scratching my head wondering the same thing but yet another thread wasn't closed & that's cause ladies on there were being well immature with words I guess you can say! Smh!
  • edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @TricesBaby I agree with you!
  • @HisMom20 yep its a shame!

@TricesBaby I agree too!
  • The why my name is on the list post thats just as calm as your post was but your post was not nearly bad as that so why is it still up
  • @tricesbaby I completely agree!
  • I understand that there are only 2 mods and that they cant catch everything...but I mean some of the things that were spoken about on that thread yesterday werent things that had happened once..they are things that have happened on numerous occasions. And if a mod felt the need to close a thread with out fully reading it, then when said mod had a chance she should have gone back thru and reread it to make sure that it even deserved to be shut down. The OP thread yesterday was actually some of the most adult conversation we have had on Pregly in a while...
  • I was also confused why your thread got shut down, and without any explanation at the bottom as per usual made it even more odd. No one was getting upset it was just a friendly adult vent session.
  • edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jennifurrfurr the Mod Mamakat explained that she closed it because she felt like it had gotten off track and she didnt have time to completely read thru the whole thread...that was why she closed it with out explanation..
  • edited August 2011
    @mama_Kat I know, girl. And I think you guys do a great job and are very helpful. but I feel, and I'm sure that others agree, that certain members have "tested the waters " too many times and cause drama more than other members that get their threads closed or banned but nothing happens to these other members. I'll inbox you. I'm not trying nor do I want anyone to get banned. I just want everyone to CHILL THE EFF OUT :) and remember that we are on pregly for the same reasons.
  • @Mama_Kat the post I think deserved to get shut down & honestly don't care who gets mad at this is that drs in idk what state got their licenses out of a cracker jack box or whatever. They were calling people cunts & twits & all kinds of names. But why wasn't that one shut down?! I guess we'll never know!
  • I understand that being a new mom is full time job..but I still think that a thread should be given a full reading before being shut down..just to make sure that you feel the right decision was made...and if you dont have time to devote to the forum..then we need a Mod that does have the time..and I dont at all mean that in a mean or hateful way. I completely understand that your family and baby come first...I just think that the forum deserves the same time devoted to it..by a mod who has the time...
  • @ashley_smashley yes, I know, I read that.... But I don't think it should have been closed unless she'd had enough time to actually read through and see how it was causing a problem, which it wasn't.
  • Ya I agree @jennifurrfurr .....I only repeated that stuff she said because I thought you might have missed it
  • Lol okay @ashley_smashley at first I was like wtf I can read lol but then I just figured you were giving me a heads up.