raspberry tea... tmi

edited August 2011 in Third Trimester
I just had a cup of raspberry tea and it made me just rush to the restroom. I had a couple cramps and then I felt I had to poo so yup it came out but not like diarrhea ... has anyone drank the tea and what did u feel after? Im 38wks btw

Comments

• All tea makes me run for the bathroom LOL.......
  • @pregoagainyay lol I don't drink any kind of teas so I wouldn't know if its teas or just this one kind... raspberry tea suppose to soften cervix that's why im drinking it
  • Oh ok LOL....I am no help then because honestly it is like a laxative for me sheesh......
  • I drink it it just tastes bad, but doesn't do anything. I'm desperate though
  • @snreda do u sweeten it a bit? My tea was ablil weird tasting but I just drank it fast!! Im deserate too lol
  • No I just chug it. I've tried everything but castor oil, which I'm too afraid to do, to try and get some progress. I'm 37w on my third baby, and I am not dilated or thinned and he hadn't dropped.
  • I thought red raspberry leaf only worked if you drank it daily for several weeks leading up to your due date?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Where did u get it from I live near u please don't say somewhere across town
  • Yall had me scared at 1st when I saw this because I swear I am sitting here drinking a brisk raspberry tea right now
  • Iv been drinking it cold with some sugar and its not bad... Doesnt make me run to the bathroom tho. I normaly buy it from the super walmart for 20 teabags its $2
  • @preggointx lol I got it from kroger the one on 249 n aintoine... its raspberry zinger herbal tea caffeine free, I think its bout $2 something for a box, it wasnt bad at all
  • Thanks girl
  • @letysfirst is that tea helping any I am drinking my first cup now I got the same one u got from kroger....btw I hate tea I am drinking it down with no enjoyment..lol
  • I had some raspberry tea and baby went CRAZY!
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah I have an irritable uterus and my ob suggested I start drinking red raspberry leaf tea daily to help tone my uterus and help labor be easier. It doesn't help induce labor. I'm 34 weeks as of midnight btw. She suggested it stating at 32 weeks.
  • @preggointx I didn't drink it today I had a very busy day but I will tomorrow ... it doesn't help induce labor but it helps u thru labor, I think with pains n all that... I forgot what I read lol but its suppose to make the whole labor process easier
    did u sweeten your tea a bit? Mine was ok but ill rather drink that than caster oil yuk
  • @letysfirst yea I sweetened it I'm just not a tea drinker I drunk castor oil last week with oj it was nasty but didn't help
  • @caffeinated_katie I read on line (I forgot where) that the zinger one was good too.. I couldn't find the leaf one anywhere so I just stuck with that one lol. My cousin took it with her second n had a much easier labor, might or might not had been the tea (that's all she messed with) but her baby was out quick and no complications at all
  • @preggointx see, this is the only thing im messing with cause I can't do the oil.. im also eating pineapples and mangos everyday, not a whole lot but enough to fill me up oh n I bounce on a ball and go for long walks... if that don't work then I did what I could ... I hope I don't go over my dd
  • @letysfirst they have the leaf one at the whole foods on kirby....just a long drive
  • girl I do all of that still no baby that stuff don't work u can b induced if u want though
  • Drink up ladies for easier labor.:) I was confused at first because I've been having pre-term labor scares since week 28 and bed/pelvic rest and was like surely my ob wouldn't suggest anything that may even remotely have a chance of starting labor. She told me it's best to start drinking it weeks in advance. Also make sure its red raspberry LEAF tea not just raspberry tea. :) ENJOY!!!
  • @preggointx no way im driving that far lol I don't drive far anymore cause with my luck ill start having contractions on the rd while im driving
  • @preggointx my dr hasn't talked bout inducing, she says with a smile "oh we will just let him come on his own" ill see what she says on tuesday ill be 38+5 im so hurting, it hurts to move around now
  • @letysfirst my doctor says that too but I refuse so he is inducing me & the zinger tea had my in the rest room too