Circumcision question?

edited August 2011 in Parenting
This is not a for or against thread so please don't let it turn into that lol

We didn't find it what we are having so thurs may nit even be something we have to worry about if we have a girl, but if we have a boy the pediatrician we picked told us we'd have to give a $350 deposit for the circumcision until the insurance pays our hospital bill.

My question is can't we just have it done at the hospital before we leave? The pediatrician we picked is not affiliated with the hospital I well deliver at. So would a Dr. at the hospital do it for us?

I do not want to have to wait to get it fine asd I've heard the sooner it is done the better and I will not have the $350 to give them so we'd have to wait.

Comments

• At my hospital they are going to do it there
  • My sons was done at the hospital
  • Okay, thank you! I kind of figured it wasn't a big deal and I'd always assumed it would just be done at the hospital but then when the pedestrian said for them to do it at their office they'd need the deposit I stated ti get worried maybe they don't always just do it at the hospital.
  • Where I'm delivering the ob/gyn does it, not the pediatrician. But I guess it could differ from place to place.
  • There's usually always a pediatrician at the hospital to look over the babies whether it is your chosen ped or not. That ped is usually the one to do the circ. Unless you have some strange new age ped like I did when I had my son who told me they didn't believe in it and Id have to go elsewhere. But, most likely not.
  • My hospital is doing it there as well but it is covered under medicaid
  • my sons was done in the nicu the day he was discharged he was 10 days old and the hospital pediatrician did it not his regular pediatrician
  • My insurance wouldn't cover it period....I'd make sure
  • My ob will do it before we leave the hospital. I would call the hospital your going to deliver at and see how they work that.
  • Thanks guys, it probably won't be an issue then, what you guys are saying is how I originally figured it happened, just got confused by the pediatrician. We have blue cross blue shield PPO, I'm sure they will cover it.
  • My sons was done at the hospital. I didnt have a pediatrician for him till an hour before we got discharged. It was covered under medicaid though.
  • My sons was done at the hospital. I didnt have a pediatrician for him till an hour before we got discharged. It was covered under medicaid though.
  • The Peds over here does them but since I had a girl idk if they do them here at the hospital. Never heard of a deposit though for one
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.