how were your contractions??

edited August 2011 in Labor
Did they come full force? Or slow and steady? I've been having what I think are contractions since about 3pm.. but they aren't regular yet, and they wont go away I've walked, laid on left side drank water and they're still the same. I just wanna know if she's coming this weekend or if its nothing. . I'm 39 weeks. Contractions feel like bad period cramps, start at my back go around to the front, my tummy gets hard then it goes away, lasts about 40 seconds. Oh also I have lotsss of pressure down there while I'm having these

Comments

• Sounds like contractions to me!! But of course I had back labor with both of mine so I never felt a tummy contraction.
  • My tummy doesn't hurt its just uncomfortable my back is what really hurts and the pressure OMG. . I guess I was kinda expecting like with my son I had regular super painful tummy contractions and I knew I was in labor when I got that first contraction. @mommy moftwoprincesses
  • I had those a month before I had him so you never really can tell. When you feel like you swallowed 10 knives and they're stabbing you from the inside, that's when you know it's time! Haha. I had the contractions you're describing and I thought they were bad till my water broke and 5 minutes later "real" contractions started and I thought I was going to die if I didn't get my epidural!
  • Lol @bentleysmommy I've had kinda painful bh but these are worse and the pressure. . I hope she's not just teasing me!! I'm ready to meet this little girl
  • But they aren't bad enough to run to the hospital yet.. hopefully something happens tomorrow!
  • **************labor dust hun!*************
  • Thanks!! I need it :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yea I know what full on active labor contractions feel like, they suck!! You definitely can't walk and talk through them. I know I'm not in labor bit I'm hoping I'm close!! Like this weekend maybe.. hopefully!! Lol @mama0811 I know how you feel!! I want my baby girl toooooo!!!!
  • @ashleyfew lol yea its just been 5 and a half years! I feel like a ftm.. and these 2 pregnancies have been totally different I never felt bh with my first and I just went from 1cm to full on labor one day
    Yea you count them I'd they don't hurt BC if you get more than 5 in an hour Dr wants to know.. or maybe that's if you aren't term? Idle lol @mama0811
  • Lol right?? Ugh.. hopefully we go into labor soon!! @mama0811 ****labor dust*****
  • Yeah does sound like contractions :)
    Im in labor right now there inducing me and the contractions are no joke! :(
    But sending lots of labor dust ur way!:)
  • @mama0811 @ashleyfew @mommyoftwoprincesses so went to the dr today and turns out they were contractions!! And they dilated me to a "loose" 3cm! Woohoo! I was checked Tuesday and was still a 1. So since I'm havng back labor and now I can bearly sit bc of the pain and pressure I'm being induced tomorrow morning!