35 weeks and baby is 7lbs

edited August 2011 in Labor
im bearly 35 weeks and my doctor did an estimate of how much my baby weights and she is about 7lbs she said im at risk for a c-section it is my first baby nd I gaind about 70lbs my self has any body else been thru the same thing I really dont want a c-section but I also dont want to starve my self !

Comments

• I had my 1st vaginally she was 8lbs 14oz & im 5'1 & at the time 160lbs so its possible
  • I gained 80 with my first. At 36 weeks they said she was just over 7lbs. She was born 5 weeks later at 41 weeks and was 7lbs 9oz. I had her vaginally with no complications. Measurements can be off that far along hun, don't worry :)
  • Remember, these are estimate and the dr can be way off (they often are) in either direction. Also, you could be further along then you thought. But try not to stress, your baby could only be five pounds right now, its why its an estimate and not a solid fact.
  • My baby was 5 pounds at 32w now I'm 37 and may be around that weight now but my did never mentioned c section. I'm like 5'2
  • Dang Im 35+5 Weeks & My Baby Only Weighs 5lbs 10oz But Thats Good Atleast Your Baby Is Healthy
  • My baby is 8 pounds 9oz I'm worried about the same thing but I'm not electing to have a c section
  • Hi think i am going to be in the same boat and i am terrified! Measuring 6 weeks ahead. Husbands brother was 11 so i am scared as really don't want a section, i am fat so recovery would prob take forever. They can also be very very wrong, alot of people expecting a 10lb baby turns out to be like 6lb or something so don't worry too much x
  • At 35 weeks my baby was 7lb 7oz I had him by c-section at 37weeks he was 9lb 2oz this was my second and because of the shoulders getting stuck on my first I opted for the c-section was a good decision for me I healed very fast and was back to normal within a week.