how to tell your mother

edited February 2011 in July 2011
Ladies I'm 19 n college I'm doin good for my self have myy own apartment n car but how do I tell my mother who expects so much fo me kuz she start having kids at 17 to be better than her dat I'm 4mths prego.....plz help kuz tomorrow I find out da sex of th baby in I really want to share this moment with her.

Comments

• I just blurted out I'm pregnant :/
  • I would just tell her. You will be showing very soon if you aren't already. Maybe do it in a special way. Make her a card with your ultrasound picture in it from tomorrow and say this is your new grandson/granddaughter due to arrive on: (due date) have a really cute poem in there, there are tons on the internet about telling grandparents. It would be very special. Maybe ask her to go out for a nice lunch with you or something, she will probably be shocked at first but then excited! Good luck and congrats! :)
  • I took my mother to the doctors with me
  • I had horrible morning sickness n had to throw up she kind of knew at that point n I had my mom tell my dad when I was 5 months n a week later she told him he was going to have a granddaughter
  • Im n the same situation but I'm 21 I jus came out n told her (n a txt) but she was really happy n rite now as I post ths were looking at baby clothes n she's getn on my nerves
  • @julyy2 Lol im in the exact same boat, im 19 in college and 4&1/2 months myself. I wanna tell my mom but i just dont want to disappoint her i really need to tell her soon though,i already found out what im having.
  • @sammie I tld her nd she wuz mad den got all happyy she been buying baby girls clothes since so just sit dwn n tell here lyke I did good luck.
  • @julyy2 i was thinkin bout tellin my mom today but i chickened out lol.. Ill tell her next month. Atleast she buyin u clothes hopefully its a girl though.
  • I just found this, and i think im going to use it myself, but i just googled ways to tell your parents and found this first shot :)

I do not have a face to see,

Or put inside a frame.

I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,

I don't yet have a name.

You can't yet hold my tiny hands,

'Nor whisper in my ear.

It's still too soon to sing a song,

or cuddle me so near.

But all will change come ____________(month baby is due),

That’s when they say I'm due.

I'm your new ________ (grandchild or other relationship);

I can't wait to meet you.

All I ask between now and then

Is your patience while I grow.

I promise I'll be worth the wait,

Because of all the love we'll know.

I cannot wait to be a part

Of this wonderful family!
  • Same situation as you except I'm 18. I told her as soon as I found out through a text. She was in shock for a couple days, but now she's more excited than I am .
  • I'm 22 n was scared 2 tell my mama n when I did tell her it was n an arguement I jus blurted it out n she still didn't believed me til I startd goin 2da doc. But she's happy now n I'm 5 n a half months. There's nutn like yo mothers support