mamas worried about smoke..

edited August 2011 in Health
I saw about 3 different posts this morning so I figured this was easier ;)

Just opened up September issue of baby talk magazine and it says(page 10)

"third hand smoke is the kind that sticks to your clothing,skin and hair and has been found to pass nicotine into babies. In fact, tots who sleep in the same room as a smoking parent have three times the level of nicotine in their bodies than those who sleep in a different room, a new study finds."

So maybe you could find the tidbit online or get the magazine for those with family members not on board with the smoking around baby :)

Comments

• Oops I meant not on board with NOT smoking around baby lol
  • Nobody in MY family smokes thank God but my bf has an uncle who smokes inside their house and I'm just hoping it doesn't cause a fight between us when I refuse to take my baby there. I can't even stand being there myself, it feels so stuffy and my eyes get irritated and my clothes and hair stink after...yuck!
  • @excitedfoeoctober I hope it doesn't..if anything the uncle can come to your house or another relatives. I smoked for years and years, stopped doing it inside about 10 years ago and even as a smoker going to someone's house who smoked inside I would be bowled over by the stench that hits you just standing by the front door!