Anyone else have Polyhydramnios? (Excessive amniotic fluid )

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
Anyone else have polyhydramnios? (Excessive amniotic fluid )
I've had it with every pregnancy
It never caused any problems to my children (luckly)
that is yet another reason im at risk for lil mr man coming early
geez!!
so now i've been on bedrest (LOL) with 3 kids only bathroom breaks allowed SURE that really has been working :/
have to get the ffn test at every appt along with cervix check &
Ultrasounds about every 2 weeks
Now Non stress tests added
wow yay
this is going to stress me out

just wondering if anyone else is dealing similar circumstances
I'm 29 weeks (due nov 4th)

Comments

• My cousin has it. I know she has had a hard pregnancy, but I don't think she's on bed rest. She's having a c section oct 10th
  • I do they detected it at my last ultra sound 8-|
  • I am getting the ffn test Monday
  • I had it with my second daughter...luckily I dont have it again with this time. They found it at my last ultrasound though and induced her that day because of it. Other than that my whole pregnancy was normal and my daughter is a happy & healthy 2 year old.

Hang in there! You dont have too much longer!!
  • Oh my what causes this?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes, I had this with my last pregnancy. I was diagnosed with it at 24 weeks, and my fluid levels were at 26 for a loooong time.

I don't know if it has any direct relation to the Polyhydramnios, but my daughter is 15 weeks and has had a rough life thus far. She has been hospitalized for seizures, we suspsect she has a weal immune system as she has had double pink eye, double ear infections, and Bronchiolitis. She has Bilateral Coloboma which is a congenital birth defect in her eyes.

Despite the health issues, she seems to be developing normally. She is gaining weight well, she seems to be on track as far as milestones go, so she's doing well despite her struggles. I sure do love her, she is an amazing little baby girl!
  • @mandac10 60% of the time, they don't know what causes it. 40% of the time, it has something to do with the baby having issues gastrointestinally, neurologically, or there is some underlying problem. They say if you get it with one pregnancy, its likely you'll get it with another pregnancy. I didn't have it with my son (i was never officially diagnosed, but my last doctor was ridiculously incompetent and I think I did have it now looking back at it...) And I had my tubes tied because of the issues I had during my pregnancy. (Polyhydramnios, GD, PIH, all which made me high risk....and that's not even the tip of the iceberg lol.)