foreskin grew back a little after circumcision?

edited August 2011 in Babies
Has anyone had this happen to their son? A little piece of foreskin grew back to the head of his pee pee. Will they fix it if I mention it to his pediatrician or will it fix itself?

Comments

• yes they will fix it. it happened for a couple years with my son. it eventually stopped and all is well now...he's 5. apparently it's fairly common it happens
  • edited August 2011
    That happened to one of my boys and it corrected it self...there doc said around the age of 4 when there weiner starts growing more it will separate and just to put vasoline on it till the redness goes away... Just my experience
  • Hmm...my beaus whatnot kind of looks like it started to grow back. Its almost like someone took a piece of foreskin from the bottom and reattached it to the top, so theres actually space between his whatnot and the skin. I wonder if his parents didnt see it, or they just thought it wasnt important.

He probably wouldnt be thrilled with me announcing this. :)
  • Yes it happened to my son and it corrected itself. We went to see a urologist for a 2nd opinion but she said 9/10 he would grow into it and he did just that. I'm glad he did because I wouldn't want to put him through that pain again. My son was circumcised when he was born and he's now 2 1/2yrs old and already its corrected itself. They said by the time he's 4.
  • My friends son had this problem and it did not correct itself. He had to be re-circumcised when he was 3. :(
  • Okay, his one month is on the 30th so i'll see what she says. Thanks y'all!
  • My sons did the same thing. My pediatrician sent us to a ped urologist and he said most times it will fix its self. There is a chance that when he is older if he doesn't grow out of it he would have to be re-circumcized. My son's foreskin was starting to reattach and small white spots were building up and the dr said it would help seperate and keep it from attaching and we were told to keep pushing it back every diaper change and keep it clean and vasolene or a&d ointment on it if it bothered him. Its been over a year and a half and he hasn't had any other problems. Just make sure at bath time you push the foreskin back and clean it with soap and water really good.