Gas Vs. Mylicon Drops

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
My daughter drinks Similac Alimentum and it gives her real bad gas and she gets extra fussy. I've been using Mylicon drops but they don't seem to be helping at all. Is there any thing else that I can give her that will help with her gas?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I agree with @saylorsmommy Gripe Water works great
  • @SaylorsMommy I've never heard of that before. Does Wal-Mart sell it?
  • @bigmamak Thanks a lot. I'm willing to try just about anything at this point. She's up all hours of the night crying because her lil tummy hurts. I feel bad that I can't take her pain.
  • @SaylorsMommy Thanks a lot. I'm going to get it 1st thing in the morning. I hope this helps her. :)
  • try changing her formula to the gas and fussy one..
  • @Ittybitty she has very bad acid reflux and since she's been born she has been on Enfamil Newborn, Enfamil Gentleease , Enfamil Nutramegin & now she's on Similac Alimentum. That's the only one that sits well on her tummy. That's what her pediatrician put her on. So I can't change her milk. I've spoken with her about the gas but she said use Mylicon drops. I haven't been back to see her yet to let her know that the drops aren't helping. :(
  • call and talk to them, ask them if its ok if u try the similac gas relief.. I stopped breastfeeding because thats how Ryleigh was and she is doing so much better now.
  • @Mama_Kat That's what she has but I couldn't think of the name. I'm having hell with it. She is also taking prescribed Zantac 3xs a day which taste horrible Ugh What did you do about it @Mama_Kat? @Ittybitty I called after hours at her doctors office and they took a message. Most likely she won't call back until Monday :(
  • I went threw breast milk and 3 formulas til I found the right one for her.. ur just going to have to find the right formula. u could always get one of the ready to go bottles of formula and see how she does on it. that way if it doesnt help ur not stuck with alot if formula
  • Do you still burp her.. I only ask cause I no alot of people stop . Also rubbing tummy and back
    . My.first.was really gaasy sad wen tjeir like that and.it makes u crazy trying everything and nothing seems to work (0:
  • @Ittybitty That's exactly what I'm going to do. It's just a matter of trial and error and I'm sure I'll find the right formula that way. @lae3 Yea I still burp her. She let's me rub her back but when I rub her tummy she screams a lot and squirms until I stop. Her tummy be so hard when she has gas. I really do try everything I can think of. I try and stay calm an not cry when she doesn't calm down because she can sense when I'm upset but It's hard. I didn't experience this with my son and It's so overwhelming. I need to figure it out asap.
  • yelp.. nephew had it and my sister went threw EVERY formula and one of the similacs ending up being the one for him..
    plus the similac ready to go's is cheap. lol.. is she pooping right? I push Ryleigh's legs up to her stomach and it helps her pass gas and poop
  • @Ittybitty From time to time she has trouble when she poop. I'm going to try pushing her legs up to her tummy to see if that helps. Thanks a lot.
  • @Mama_Kat She sleeps in her bouncer during naps and at night and I've been doing that for 1 month and it hasn't helped at all :( I'll be calling her pediatrician again 1st thing Monday morning to discuss the Karo & the mint. I'll make sure to let you know how it turns out. Thank you so much :)
  • ur welcome.. hope u figure something out soon
  • I lay my lil girl on her tummy she feels a lot better
  • @kcoolzchic i'm having the same proble the milcon and gripwater doesn't work for me the doctor is having me put rice cereal in his bottle he was also has gurd so far not helping. But u can ask doctor about doing it let me know if you find something that works for u.
  • edited August 2011
    @Rissalee7 She loves to be on her tummy but it doesn't seem to help :( @richjen24 I just bought some so hopefully it helps her :) @stella She has been getting rice cereal since she was 3 weeks and she is now 2 1/2 months. It helped with the spit up but not the gas and I'll let you know how the gripe water worked for her. Thanks a lot ladies. I appreciate it.
  • @richjen24 It hasn't been a change yet but it might take a while I guess.
  • edited August 2011
    @SaylorsMommy I'm using Gerber bottles. I used Dr.Browns for my son and I hated them so much due to all the pieces. I started her out on Dr.Browns but I just can't do it. Don't get me wring They're great bottles but I don't have time to be dealing with all the pieces to the bottle. :)
  • @SaylorsMommy I think I'll give the Playtex drop ins a try. Thanks a lot for your help :)