Which bottles are best?

edited August 2011 in First time moms
I'm a 1st time mom & I'm due in October & I'm clueless about the bottle situation. Only thing I didn't get @ my baby shwr are bottles & when everyone ask me what kind I'm gonna use so they can buy me some my reply is "idk, whatever, bottles are bottles" so any suggestions?

Comments

• I love dr brown.. My daughter never got gas or colics.. They are awsome and im using them this time around as well
  • I agree Dr browns are great. But I also use the drop ins on the go I hate having bottles in the diaper bag that had milk in it grosses me out easier to throw away the drop in and rince off the nipple.
  • I'm a FTM as well. I got a nice lesson while working on my registry at Babies R Us. I am planning on breastfeeding but I also will be going back to work & pumping. She went through all of the bottles with us, Tommee Tippee, Dr. Brown, Playtex, etc. She recommended Tommee Tippee since I'm brastfeeding. She said these are the closest to an actual nipple and causes less nipple confusion. She also said that what ever bottle we chose to make sure we went with the wide nipple - again since I plan to breastfeed.
    I think it just depends on your plan.
    A lot of my friends (who breastfed & who did not) like the Playtex with the drop in bags.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm a FTM also but I'm using Avent..my son is 3 weeks and so far so good :)
  • I am really excited to try out my new breastflow bottles by the first years. I really like the company and these bottles have a cool shape. A wide nipple with in inner nipple slow flow of course. They look awesome!
  • Im only using the breastflow. My son loved them. And hopefully my baby girl will. If she doesnt im going to try tommie or nam.
  • I love the Playtex ventaire! My baby girl had colic and reflux and those were the only ones that worked for her. :)
  • Dr browns love the use it whit my daughters and buy them for my new baby
  • I hate dr. Brown! To hard to clean properly! I loved airvent with my son! He was hardly ever gassy and thy were easy to clean. I bought some for this baby. But I have read the new dropins where nice too if ur breastfeeding aswell
  • Breastflow are great when you're breastfeeding especially so baby doesnt have problems with nipple confusion like my son did before these bottles, dr brown are great too
  • Yeah true dr brown are a pain to clean if you dont do it right away after baby drank milk
  • I'm a FTM mommy too & I bought 3 different sets of bottles. All my experienced mommy friends have told me that it's really up to the baby to decide which he/she prefers lol. I have maybe 15+ bottles all together. Hopefully my son really likes at least 1 of them! I've had friends purchase a crapload of bottles only to find their baby likes the most unexpected one & then they were stuck with so many extra bottles. I'd say buy a only few from each brand u think might be good & you'll see later which ones your baby adjusts to the most :-)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.