Question for moms that had vaginal and csection!!

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
So my first baby was a smooth vaginal delivery but now unfortunately I have a 90% chance of a csection cause both my twins are breech and I dont think they'll be turning anymore im already 35.4 weeks...so i was wondering, for those of you that tried both, Is it true that with a section you end up with big bulgy skin that hangs over your incision? Or is it just like a vaginal? With my vaginal birth my tummy went back to normal and totally flat in about 4 months, how is the csection any different?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @2beforgotten Oh ok, so is it pretty flat now? I mean I know our skin is not going to be as tight as before but can you wear low rise jeans?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had my c-section on the first and i dnt have anything hanging over and i fit right back into my pre prego jeans my belly isn't as flat as before but I'm sure once i can hit the gym ill go right back to normal i wish this pain would go away so i can start my work out
  • I fit into my pre preggo jeans too (for a c section.) But my belly isn't flat anymore
  • I know I maybe a little shallow but the whole csection thing is really bothering me, the surgery its self, the healing process while I need to be taking care of my twins and my toddler, and then my friend tells me how horrible it looks, its just all so scary to me I wish they can by some miracle just turn head down so I can heal faster..
    Whatever the end result is my tummy will never go back to normal :( it looks like I have a map all over it, the skin is getting so irritated if feels like its ripping appart...(sigh) sorry I guess I'm just venting.
    Thanks ladies for your input :)
  • I had a vaginal with my first and a csection with my second and will be havig a vback this time and it was harder to get my tummy back afer my csection then it was with my vaginal but that was just my body. It could have been because it was my second child. i wish you and me luck!
  • @cfa so I guess it is harder! But did it look pretty normal after?
  • I've had two vaginal births, and one csec. My last being tje csec, and she's 18 days old, and I've lost all my weight besides 5 lbs, and my stomach is flat, but my steri-strips haven't came off yet, but there is nothing that "hangs over" lol BUT instead of looking normal in 3-5 days, it did take about a week n a half to lose the water weight and the swelling from the csec. I think it really depends on genetics on how you'll look afterwards n what not. Cuz I've had three kids, and I have zero stretch marks on me...and I had some big kids! Soooo I hope that helps :)
  • @mama_underpants that does make me feel alot better thank you :) my body is real good at getting back into shape but the stretch marks...oh well...we'll see how light they'll get other wise tummy tuck it is..
  • @ Josie749 yeah I went back looking normal, just took longer.