weight gain in first trimester

edited February 2011 in Pregnant
I was on birthcontrol up until November. And in the month after removing it I lost 10 lbs. I had been trying to lose weight since my last pregnancy and the last time I checked before I found out I was pregnant I was 155 lbs. I found out right away too the same week I would've had my period I didn't wait til I missed cuz I knew.it was January 27th I called the Dr same day too but they scheduled me for February 17 for only an ultrasound I still haven't actually seen the Dr and I'm 8 wks 4 days but when I went in n weighed for the us I had gained 20lbs! How is that even possible? I know weight gain in pregnancy is inevitable but I thought I was doing everything right this time eating healthier n its just mind boggling to me. I feel bad for worrying about this stuff but I really hate the thought of all my hard work goin down the drain anyone else dealing with a lot of weight gain or have any tips? I'll ask the doc too but I don't have an actual appt with him til march 4

Comments

• Don't worry dear I was the same way when I first got pregnant this time and I had ended upp loosing all that weight I gained in the begining. Im almost in my last trimester and I just started to gain weight. My doctor said its completely normal in the beginning. Its you bodys way of starting to store fat and nutrition for the baby.
  • Why didnt ur dr not see u? All i ever hear is drs seeing patients asap and no later then 8wks...i wouldnt wait becauase what if its medical...
  • Oh gosh thank goodness that's good to hear lol
  • Hey! The reason I found out I was prego was bc I gained like 12lbs and my boobs were way bigger and al my clothes were quite snug lol (my hips and butt grew quite a bit as well) .. by like 8 wks I gained 12lbs I'm now 14wks and I actually lost 2lbs. I believe it was mostly my boobs hips and butt, and also water weight bc I was swollen all over. Its gone all the way down now so I think I've lost some weight hopefully. But I know ima gain around 30-35 lbs like I did with my first. Maaan I was soooo swollen with him.
  • With all my pregnancies my doctors waited until I was at least 12 weeks to see them and I became high risk with my youngest at about 16 weeks.