Vagina Rotation

edited August 2011 in Giving birth
Hubby told me to title it this way cuz idk what to title it as.
So I stay at home and have lots of time to think about labor and delivery. Last night I was watching all different kinds of live births on YouTube. And it got me thinking (hubby called me crazy for thinking about such random things) about how babies rotate when coming out of the mom. U know how babies come out 1st (most of the time anyways) with their face towards moms butt then they rotate to the left or right to make room for their shoulders. Well my sons legs and arms are sitting towards the left side of my body which makes me think his head will rotate to the left when he comes out (unless he pulls an exorcist deal on us). Then I got to thinking of where I want hubby at when the birth happens. Both my mom and hubby will be in the delivery room but naturally I want my hubby to get the 1st glimpse of his face, so I want him standing on my left side cuz I think that's how his head will rotate when he comes out. Mind u this is if I don't get a c section. Am I the only one who thinks of such random random things or is my hubby right in calling me crazy?

Comments

• @bettymomma lol I didn't know what to title it as either and he said vagina rotation lol, he's nuts himself. I know its a random thought but after seeing all those babies spin to get their shoulders out got me thinking about it. I know I'm kinda weird but like I said I have a lot of time on my hands atm lol.
  • Ok guess I'm just crazy lol. Bump...if anyone thinks of super randoms things about pregnancy I'd love u to share so I don't feel like I need to check myself into the looney bin I'd love it :) or babies or delivery and labor.
  • I think that sounds fine and if the doc turns the baby the other way he can just mosey on over to the other side and switch with your mom. :)
  • I think of weird shiz all the time way too much time as well I keep thinking my hubby might not want want to see my vajaja looking like a basketball idk if he could ever look at it the same and go "oh yea that looks tasty" lmao. ;)
  • @momof22be oh I don't think it will be an issue. He just thinks I'm nuts for even thinking of something so random and trivial to begin with.
  • Lol my firstborn was my only vaginal birth and lil stinker came out face up!
  • @momof22be lol I hear ya. I don't let hubby look at mine anymore cuz the past month or so its been puffy...and I've always been one to keep her prim and nice looking and I know it looks different now so I don't let him look at all. Even tho I know he doesn't care and still loves me and it lol, I just feel uncomfy about it now.
  • @bigmamak Ouch sunny side up huh! I've heard they r much harder to delivery and cause bad back labor :(
  • Being that head comes out first but if you poop the baby faces might end up touching it or it being in the babies mouth is that how someone came up with the words shit eater or shit face
  • @HavingNumber4 Haha we talked about that in the same convo when I told him most babies faces come out towards the moms butt before they rotate. Then he mentioned my son being a shit eater :(
  • Lol I be thinking crazy thoughts to my problem is it comes like every two min
  • Oh me too and he actually said something about it like a month ago he was like "wow Hun your swollen do u feel ok?" But he loves me anyway
  • @momof22be lol I don't let him look at it but he can feel it esp when he's putting lube down there he says "woah ur lips r swollen"....I say "i know that's y I don't let u look" but I've gotta get over it!
  • I pushed for an hour and had hemorroids the size of golfballs for a couple weeks but no back labor AND his nails were so long he cut me in 3 places that needed stitches!
  • @bigmamak Omg! Was he overdue or just had long nails? This may be tmi and u don't have to answer but did ur hemroids break while u were pushing causing u to bleed everywhere?
  • Nope 2 days early and no they didn't break just hurt like a bitch lol
  • Through watching all of your videos, does it seem like the babies tend to turn one way more than the other or is it all completely random? Or maybe the dr helps it turn a certain way?? Maybe the dr can make sure the baby turns towards daddy first?
  • @vtmamajuju well I watched a bunch of different kinds of births, but from what I seen it was about 50/50. The drs tended to rotate them the way the babies wanted to go naturally only a few they moved the opposite way and those were to get the cord from around their necks. Some drs let them birth the babies right onto the table with no intervention and even those babies rotated themselves 50/50 in either direction. And since my boys legs and arms r to the left that's y I'm thinking his head will rotate left. Cuz if he goes to the right that would be a 180 degree rotation which seems weird.
  • Its a very natural thing for the baby to rotate while coming out. They are born facing down and as you push them out they turn so their shoulders fit.
    ... I should have paid better attention to this part in my birthing class my teacher went into way better details but I was kinda glazed over at that moment rofl I was more worried about when we would have a break so I could pee.
    I'm sure @homebirthadvocate could explain it in detail
  • Your baby actually rotates several times as its making its way out your birth canal. While right now he is facing left when you go into labor he could be facing another direction, they twist and move to fit and come out. They will face to a side and then rotate to face down, and as they are coming out they rotate again. Its pretty cool to know how much your baby is actually moving to come out.
  • @LittleFae I didn't know they spun like that that's cool. My lil man has been head down since 32 weeks and he's always had his limbs facing to my left since I began feeling him move. I didn't know they did like 360s in there lol.
  • @kingsmama - they arent full spins but they will rotate to the left and then to the right or just the left. They move however they.need to to get out.
    In sure @homebirthadvocate can do much better at explaining lol.
    Its one reason why mom being able.to be free to move around helps so much, it helps wiggle the baby towhere and how they need to be to come out
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate so even tho his limbs have been facing to the left this whole time he could still come out in any direction? I figured once their head was engaged they wouldn't move much more, just enough to make room for their shoulders.
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate oh ok that makes sense. Sry I'm in the medical field but idk this much about babies and how they come out. Thanks for clarifying that for me, ur such a big help :)