Can I go swimming before my 6week appointment?

edited August 2011 in Health
I'll be 6 weeks pp next Saturday. I have no bleeding or swelling anymore. Haven't for a few weeks. So can i go swimming?

Comments

• i have no idea hun, but i'll bump it for ya
  • Well I did it. I went swimming for the first time when my baby was 5 weeks old. I had no rips or tears or anything. Bleeding had stopped too. I think you'll be OK as long as you aren't having any female issues down there. :)
  • Hmm good question, bump!
  • @melinda326 I had to minor tears but those have healed. I haven't had any problems with those since I was 2 weeks pp.
  • I had stitches and I went swimming at four weeks pp once bleeding was done with no probs but it was a chlorinated pool not a lake
  • @BentleysMommy with my 2nd baby( this is my 5th) I had a few stitches from a little tear and I was out if town in Georgia and I went swimming in the lake at 5 weeks post partum and I felt healed up down there. Hadn't had my post partum visit then either and when I did I checked out perfect. As long as your not bleeding or if you still have any stitches left although they should have disolved by now if you had any. Then that would be when use wait other than that you should be good to go. :)
  • Dey told me I cldnt cuz of risk of infection cuz yur cervix is still closing and what not..how long has its been already since birth...I'm only 2wks postpartum I can't take baths either only showers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @HomeBirthAdvocate Oh my bf will love that lol. Thank you!