Traveling Out of State (Help Please)

Not really sure what category to post this under... but anyway.

Got really fed up with our living situation (if you've read any of my other posts, it'll make more sense) and decided to go visit my mom in NV for almost a month (leaving on Aug 29th, returning Sept 23rd). During this time, I will be between 26w5d and 30w2d. One of my brothers is going to leave for Marine Corps boot camp next month, and there is the slight chance I won't have the chance to see him again, since he won't be likely to have much time in between graduating and going off to school, then going overseas. Kind of looking forward to seeing him, too. Lol. Just found out my other brother is planning on doing the same thing! But that's a different story in itself. :P

I just had a few questions.

How does it work if I need to see a doctor while I'm there? I don't plan on having a regular appt until I get back. My next appt is tomorrow, and I'm going to ask my doctor what he advises. I have a few different insurances, so I'm hoping it won't be difficult to go in and see someone if an emergency occurs. Has anyone experienced having to do this?

How have you experienced flying while pregnant? It's just about an hour and 40 minute flight. I am usually pretty stressed during the long trip to the airport and being stuck waiting for the flight, and the flight itself. I plan on my usual drammamine and music method of calming my nerves. Also hoping someone doesn't get me sick!

Also, leaving BD for so long. Has anyone dealt with this in a similar situation? At first I was excited. We had a really awful week this last week, and since Friday, things have gotten better. I know I want to try to set up our webcams so we can still see each other. I need to just remember how much I've wanted to get out of this house, and that I've told him things need to change before I get back. He gets why I'm going.

I'm hoping this trip puts less stress on our relationship. Things with our house, our roommate, and money issues have been putting a major weight on us. He wants to spend time with coworkers and just hang out with the guys. I can't be a part of this, and I spend my days alone at home while he's at work/doing the guy thing. So he's trying to fit in time with friends before the baby comes, while I just get to do... nothing. I don't have friends here. It sucks, quite a bit of the time... Another contrast is that I'm the only one in our house who is already in baby mode. BD isn't quite there yet, and our roommate... well, he's another story. I'm tired of him inviting over people that I don't know, and just letting them sleep here. Makes me feel uncomfortable enough as it is. Tired of the alcohol, tired of that stupid hookah smell, tired of him leaving a mess everywhere. I digress.

Blahhh, this is turning into a rant. Just looking for advice and suggestions. I know going on this vacation isn't going to be fantastic and perfect. There are some certain people I'm not looking forward to seeing, and some people I'm going to avoid all together, as best as I can. I'm just going to try to make the best of it, and that's all I can do.

I need to try to relax, and just take a breath.

Comments