Swollen hands

edited August 2011 in Health
Just woke up with a painful hand only to find it swollen, barely pulled of my engagement ring! Had blurred vision for a couple of days but put it down to a condition I already get in my eyes. I have rang my hospital for advice I have to go back to bed, sleep till morning (its 3.14am here) and go get bp etc checked in the morning but wondered if anyone else had experienced this? I obviously can't sleep now lol!

Comments

• My hands swell and fall asleep when I sleep just about every night!!! Yeah it can be very irritating and somewhat painful. My doc said it carpul tunnel. Idk though. I did get carpel tunnel with my last two as well. It sucks, cause sometimes I can't even use my hands to even prepare breakfast for my babies. :-(
  • Thanks @mommyof3tobe I had carpal tunnel like symptoms in earlier pregnancy but haven't been bothered by it for weeks. Dunno what happened tonight! My first concern was my bloodpressure but not getting any other symptoms at the moment so not overly concerned
  • Oh my ring had gotten stuck on my finger as well! ! Omg it was bad. Silly part is I hardly ever wear that ring and the one time I decided to put it on, I couldn't get it off! Lollol needless to say haven't worn it since I took it off after swelling went down.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks @2BeForgotten will bear that in mind although I don't really use salt in cooking or put it on my dinner. They seem to have gone down a bit now so hopefully it was a one off. Seeing my consultant Thursday so will get a full check up with the midwife and have been told of the symptoms I need to watch out for!
    @mommyof3tobe I had to put my ring on my necklace towards the end of my last pregnancy so think I will have to do that again!!!