baby daddy sending mixed signals

Before I got pregnant, my boyfriend and I never fought. Once I became pregnant, I stopped all medications, namely my antidepressant and antianxiety, and all hell broke loose. Between the hourly morning sickness and the sudden hormone changes, the resentment between the 2 of us was palpable. We decided to go our seperate ways, although I didnt realize that to him, that meant moving 6 hrs away. 4 months has passed, and I feel like things have gotten even worse with him. He says that he wants to be around and that he wants to be as much a part of our sons life as I will be, yet I rarely hear from him. When I do hear from him, he tells me that he wants to go to court for custody, that he cant help me out with doctor bills (and that he shouldnt have to, because isnt that what my new bf is for?), even though he claims he'll be able to pay child support when our son gets here. The last time I heard from him is when he yelled at me via voicemail telling me that all I do is nag him and that he doesnt want anything to do with me. He is living FAR outside his budget already, and if Im to go by his facebook, he is constantly partying and buying booze and cigarettes. I am absolutely at my wits end, to the point where I almost want to terminate his parental rights. What would you do? Am I completely in the wrong?

Comments

• Im in kindof the same situation I found out my babys dad had been sleeping with my friend so left him only to find out 3 weeks later I was pregnant. All the way thro the pregnancy he has said he wants to be here for his son. Im now 39 weeks and the only time hes had contact with me has been when I have had a scan. He has bought nothing for the baby and says hes skint but yet there are loads of pics on facebook of him out drinking. I have told him now he either wises up to his responsibilities as a father or that is it so he has this week to prove himself. U gotta be strong do it on your terms not his
  • I am in a simular situation too and don't know what to do I feel the same way as you. I feel like if he can't be responsible now what's gonna make me think it'll change when the babies here. He says he has no money but he smokes and drinks a lot accordin to friends and facebook and jus bought a lifted 4 runner that's not baby suitable and neither is his car the way he drives it I'm worried for my baby when its gonna be with him and I can't be. He don't care at all it seems he goes to dr apt but he's out faster than I am doesn't wait for the next apt scedulin or anything and never says a word to me or looks at me for that matter. He makes apt days very stressful and depressin. My mom says I need to be sivil but how do you be sivil when he don't wanna be obviously even if I say something to him he ignors it like I'm not there. I'm glad someone else is going through the same kinda thing it sucks but its kinda a relief that I know I'm not alone. Be strong girls!
  • Even when he did still live with me, it seemed like he only wanted to be around for the "fun" parts. He was always asking when the ultrasound would be and had loads of fun thinking up baby names, but when I was puking or when I had to tell him that one of the twins had stopped growing, he withdrew completely.
  • I got prego with a friend. He was inlove with me and I didn't feel the same way but when I found out I was prego I tried to work on it. I couldn't make myself like him to many things bothered me. He wud get really mad when I wasn't in the mood and literally throw fits like a child kickin his legs among other irritatin things so when I told him I couldn't make it work it was like he had the mind set well if I can't have you then ef it. And its been that way ever since.
  • I almost did the same thing... but after a month apart we reconciled & wen the baby was born he completely changed & we've been pretty happy. Sometimes things work out but then again sometimes they don't...
  • Kind of in the same predicament. I was just friends with my sperm donor. Whn I found out I was pregnant he did what almost all guys do."are u sure its mine". Had no reason to lie to him. That's fine though. I tld him once the baby get here he is welcome to a dna test since that's what his mom wants. And whn its all said and done...its ovr and done wit.
  • Im also in sorta like situation like that my baby dad is 18 and he basically not growing up at all, he never does anything except make me feel like complet crap he says he going to do something but never there nd he doesnt even live in my state he moved he said was so he can get a job nd help but he been there for almost 3 months and didnt do anything except party all the freaking time I dont know what to do its hard cause we aint even together..i guess only thing you can do is be strong nd worry bout ur baby (: