Big sister/brother gifts for when baby arrives?

edited August 2011 in Just for Fun
Does anyone else do these? My husband says he never heard of such a thing and thinks it's unnecessary, but I thought it was a common thing to do so the older siblings don't feel left out.

Comments

• no .. i dont the sibling is the gift.. lol.. they will have neg and positive feelings.. so i think its not neccasary as well
  • We were thinking of getting something for our 4yr old son...do we give it when we come home from the hospital?
  • We are going to get our 2 year a present from the baby, he chose the babys first teddy he is going to give him so we are going to get something along the lines of an 'I'm the big brother' top from the baby! Just something little for them both :-)
  • I'm getting my son a watch so he can help watch his little sister and let me know when its time to feed change and whatever else because sometimes mommys "forget" the time. :) and yes they r common
  • We had our 3 year old.daughter pick out a present for.her new brother and had her brother do the same for.her and they exchanged them at the hospital. Probably 6 or 7 ppl brought a gift for both of them as well. I thought it was very nice for her :)
  • We are getting my boyfriends son a computer, he is 10 and has wanted one for a while, it will be at his mothers because he lives there. Our family is all chipping in to get it, nothing fancy just a cheap e machine, but we wnat him to feel special, with so much being spent on the baby we though we should splurge on him too.
  • I was thinking of something along the lines of a shirt or something that says I'm the big brother as well. I am very nervous of my 2.5 year old be jealous of the new baby so I want to make sure he feels special too.

• My daughters 11yrs in less than a month. I'm getting a gift at the shower for her. I'm also getting her a nice gift for her bday. Baby wont be far away after that....her bday 9/16. Due date 10/8. She hates this kid & says I ruined her life. She thinks she'll be ignored. So I'm doing what I can.
  • My husband an I are buying gifts for our 2 and 3 yr old from theyr new baby brother. We r wraping the gifts an when they come to meet the baby in the hosp for the 1st time we wil give them ther gifts then :)
  • My son got a book today called "I'm a big brother now" its super cute
  • Lol @blueberrysmom
    We are going to take our 3 older kiddos to make shirts before the baby is born. Big sister big brother...whatever They want to put on them. They are just so excited for Maddox to get here, but they are older. 7,10,&12
  • This is a great idea I wanted to do something for my 4 year old also but didn't know what to get I loooove the get the new born something and the newborn gives something to the brother as well such a cute idea and really gets the older child involved
  • how old are your kids? or child?
    i decided to do the same. i will try to find the website. but my daughter is 6 1/2 yrs old and my son is 5 yrs old. for both kids I got a rubber bracelet's. they say "big brother!" and "big sister!" for my daughter I got a "BIG SISTER" pendant and chain and for my son I got a hat that says "big bro"
  • I have a 5 yo who is SUPER excited to be getting a little sister. I want to get them matching shirts, because I know she will love that. But I am also thinking of getting her a small present from the baby. I haven't decided what though, because I don't think I want it to be a toy. I'm thinking maybe a necklace or something.
  • @survivormommie3 I have a 4 year old and would love to know the site you used to order.... did your stuff come in yet?
  • I got my 6 yr old a big brother shirt and plan on giving it to him at the hospital. We'll also get him something small when we get home. I just don't want him to feel left out in any way...some people Even brought him a gift to the shower, I thought it was a great idea!
  • yes they did come in and they are awesome!!!

this is the pendant. the one i got was more of a cursive print but this is essentially what i got her...
    http://www.amazon.com/Sterling-Silver-Sister-Talking-Pendant/dp/B001GTR0XE/ref=sr_1_57?s=jewelry&ie=UTF8&qid=1314153454&sr=1-57

this is the hat
    http://www.lullabyebaby.com/kg-90038-big-brother-hat.htm
    and i cannot find the bracelets for the life of me. if you google them u can find them. they were only $1.