did anyone eat before there glucose test???

edited August 2011 in Health
If so how did the results come out??? I've been eating a lot lately...

Comments

• I ate bowl of cereal before I fasted. 15 mins before I had to drink that nasty drink I had some water. The nurse that did my blood work said my sugar was low. Then the doctor said it was fine. I think it was at 61 if I recall right
  • I at my cereal around 10 my appt was at 230
  • I did mine was non fasting and I passed
  • @bigmamak what did you eat??? I wondered if I could take a couple bites of a sandwich LOL I already know I will be starving!!!
  • edited August 2011
    I ate a sausage egg and cheese biscuit from McDonalds an hour before my appt... my doc told me i could eat just no sugar and i passed :)
  • I did. I just tried to avoid anything sweet that morning.
  • My Dr told me not to eat for 4 hours before
  • I did I had eggs,sausage,bacon,toast with jelly & a waffle lol..i didnt know I had to take it that day but I passed
  • Whew good @ahendricks09 I feel a bit better. .. @blueberrysmom did you pass???
  • I took it last Thursday and they said no news is good news. I haven't heard anything so hopefully I passed. If not, I'ma be pissed.
  • Wow my doctor told me 8 hours I want your doctor... @lovinmyunborn how much later did you take the test after you ate???
  • @Mybabe yea my doctor told me not to starve myself idk how ppl do that
  • I had to fast. I couldnt eat past 10pm and my appt was at 8am. I failed lol. Then I passed the three hour test.
  • I ate mcdonalds like an hour before lol & I passed :)
  • @mybabe 45 mins to a hour..my doc called yesterday & said I passed I was like ohh I didnt know it was pass or fail lmao,hell I didnt even know I had to take it that day she made me :-( mean ol lady
  • I had sausage before mine and my results came back fine
  • I didn't have to fast they just told me to eat a high protein bfast before drinking the drink (which I didn't think had any flavor) and I couldn't eat or drink anything until after I had my blood drawn. I passed.
  • I had an egg sandwich and failed. Took the three hour and passed all but the last draw. But only by two points. She wasn't worried.
  • I don't remember but I know it was a normal meal lol
  • My cousin did and thus she failed extremely bad and had to take the 2hour test ..
  • I havnt done mine yet. Im thinking about going tomorrow. He just told me to go b4 my next appointment
  • Aw crap reading this now im pretty sure they'll have to. Do mine again I ate fruity pebbles like an hr n a half b4 my appt they gave me fruit punch didn't have a choice on the flavor but it tasted fine but tryin to hurry up to get the nurse to write down the time I downed it n an hr later took test it was yesterday btw crap this really sucks can't believe they didn't tell me nothing about not eating they just said during the hr of drinking the stuff n getting blood drawn I couldn't eat or drink nething did they tell u not to eat b4 coming n for the test?
  • I didn't eat with my older two and I failed and had to do the 3 hour test. With this pregnancy I forgot about it and ate a sandwich right at the time I was supposed to be drinking the orange drink and I passed lol I think as long as its nothing with tons of sugar you should be fine
  • @vlynn15 that's what I am hoping there is no way I can go without eating for 8 hours LOL!!!
  • Lol yeah me either
  • I had peanut butter crackers 3 hrs before and it slightly raised my level... but I let her know that I ate. I guess I was suppose to fast but they never told me...
  • I had a peanut butter sandwich fo my 2nd 1 hour glucose test bc my doc said it was OK. Ugh. This resulted in my score too high leaving me having to take a 3hr glucose test again later! Lol I was dying. But all in all I guess my blood sugar is just sensitive. I would try NOT to eat even if ur doc says it's ok lol.
  • Sandwich before***