no one's using my registry

edited August 2011 in Baby showers
My baby shower is this weekend, and not a single person has bought anything from my registry...i took the time to register at two different places and that is the stuff i need and WANT. a couple people i have talked to that are coming said 'yeah i didnt use the registry i just did my own thing' or ' i dont like messing with registries' WTF?? this shower is supposed to help me get the things i need for my first child. these people have no idea what i need!!! am i being ungrateful? i just feel like this whole shower is turning into a disaster...the invitations went out later than i specifically asked 3 months ago, the hostessof the shower will not even be there now, so her mom is gonna do it for me, quite a few of my close friends didnt even bother to request of work....ITS ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON!! and one girls excuse is that her son has a doctors appt. the next day and she has house cleaning to do!!! even though i drove an hour to see her in the hospital when her kid was born. shes a sahm and she thinks i should come for her son's 1 year bday party the day BEFORE my shower, even though im 32 weeks pregnant, but shes not sure she can come to my shower>?> grrrrrrrrr.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    No. I'd be pissed. Is it online? Maybe you can have the host send an email with a reminder about the event and a link to your registry. I sent evites with a link to our registry which is on Amazon. So far, so good. Sn: I know a lot of Preglies say you should be grateful for anything you get.
  • Ya people did the same with me. I'm like wtf haha
  • Same problem i had
  • Mines this weekend to only thing off of my registry is an extra car seat base... but nothing else. Wtf!
  • That's what I'm worried about. We have had a lot of people rsvp but I haven't seen anything purchased off my registries yet. I'm praying they either didn't update it or haven't shopped yet. I hope it works out for you..
  • dont be worried only 2 things were taking off my registry out of the 2 places i registered at but when i went to open gifts the day of the shower i had got 70% of the things i registered for.. plus a lot of ppl bought their stuff the day off.. i hope everything works out for you
  • @blueberrysmom i agree and i WILL be grateful for anything i get...i can just forsee getting a bunch of clothes and bottle of baby lotion and thats nice and all but i really need lots of other stuff too! i dont just need a big pile of clothes she can wear for 3 months...MAYBE. LOL
    but... i guess im not the only one...i, however, ALWAYS use registries! i wanna get sOmething i know they actually WANT AND NEED!!!!
  • Same thing happened to me. I got one thing off of my registry and everyone else bought us stuff from a different store and nothing I needed or wanted. I returned some stuff and got what I wanted instead.
  • No. I'm not one of those preglies. Lol! I think if a person takes the time to create a registry they are making it easier for folks to spend their hard earned cash on things that are truly needed. I hate when people give me stuff I neither want nor need. To make it worse I do not have a poker face so my annoyance is petty obvious. Then I feel worse. Ugh! Follow the dang registry and nobody gets hurt!
  • edited August 2011
    Pretty much the same thing happened to me. I think I ended up having 6 things purchased off my registry. I was a little disappointed only because I got 3 of the same tubs, tons of clothes all in 0-3 months, and no one gave gift receipts. It was such a hassle trying to figure out where things came from. I still have all 3 tubs lol
  • I know, I just had my baby shower. But I know Target will let you bring things back with or without a reciept and they'll give you a gift card as long as you have a registry! (: Super helpful! Also good for exchanging sizes. I'm very petite and people thought it was cool to get everything in premie! -.-
  • Ya most people just look at it and don't even mark it off the list. The only negative thing about that for me is that I ended up with multiples of things
  • I put on the invitation:
    Baby carson Alexander already has plenty of clothing but K and K have registered for much-needed baby items at Amazon.com. (link)

There's almost 100 items on the registry. 25 have been purchased so far and the shower is on 9/10. Also, with the evite it gets resent every week or so. Helpful for those with short term memories and whatnot.
  • Ugh that pisses me off when people dont use the damn registry! Do they just think we preggos get our fat butts to the store to walk around for hours for our health?!
  • Ugh that pisses me off when people dont use the damn registry! Do they just think we preggos get our fat butts to the store to walk around for hours for our health?!
  • @excitedforoctober Next time register on Amazon. No fat butt in the store for me! :ar!
  • Don't panic yet. I am 100% guilty of looking at someone's registry and then buying the same stuff at other places. Esp if your registry is somewhere like Babies R Us, where everything is over priced. Also, don't freak out until Sunday morning. For many people, payday is Thurs/Fri and they won't shop until Saturday afternoon. You still have time!
  • I'd be upset too....ppl ask me what I want and I tell them to look on my registry and they get a attitude....like wtf really???
  • Don't Loose hope a lot of people buy gifts the day of.
  • When I looked on my registry NOTHING was purchased but on my baby shower day I pretty much got what I registered for. Some people just buy instead of telling the cashier it's off a registry. Don't sweat it.
  • @excitedforoctober thats exactly how i feel!! thats what irks me the most is because i spent ALL THAT TIME.
    @blueberrymom those are all good ideas, wish id done that
    @laura536 i hope so! you know i guess i didnt think maybe ppl got stuff and didnt mention it was from a registry!! *crossing fingers*
  • My babyshower's this weekend too and nothing has been purchased off of either registry. And i need that stuff blah! :/
  • I went to a friends shower and I was the only one who got stuff off the registry or so I thought. I shopped right before hand and thought I must be thee only one going but people got stuff off the registry they just didn't get it marked off.

Also with my shower I was kinda upset I kept checking my registries and nothing was purchased but I got plenty of the stuff I registered for + a billion extra homemade quilts and blankys. ugh purple how do they expect me to use all 50 blankets?

Anyways wait it out and see what you get hopefully you can return things.
  • @mrswright and the thing is I kinda feel bad about returning gifts....
  • But think of how much better you'll feel when you actually return that stuff for things you can really use. Yep, you'll feel much better! :ar!
  • I hope u don't get offended but I think u r being a bit unreasonable. Only four things got bought out of my registry and when we had all our baby showers we ended up getting most of the stuff we registered for but ppl bought it from other places. I think a registry is to give ppl ideas of what you want but by no means r they obligated to buy you something from it. Just b greatful for what you get wheather it comes from ur registry or not. You can always return thre things you don't want. If ppl wanna attend the bby shower thengreat and if they don't then there's nothing you can do about it. Just enjoy your baby shower and just do things out of the kindness of ur heart and done expect anything in return. If u went to visit ur friend @ the hospital and she can't come to your baby shower then let it be.
  • @nicoleo87 my shower is on Sunday also n today was the 1st day I saw like 4 purchases alotta people is waiting for Friday payday...sum people don't listen n went and brought stuff I had on babies r us registery n shopped at target cause they had a cheaper price..my best friend told me wat she got at buy buy baby n I went on my registry n deleted it...I guess people are just buying what they want OR they are just getting gift cards
  • It happens all the time!! Soo annoying!!!
  • i had two baby showers and nobody used my registry :[ i got like 30 onsies all 0-3 months they look so tiny i hope he fits in them and i got four different bouncers! oh and even better everyone tore off all the tags on just about everything and i was not given one reciept....but i was happy people loved me enough to buy me thing for my son :] i was just so angry because i didnt spend 4+ hours scanning baby crap because i had nothing better to do with my time ahhhh but people will always do what they want especially when it has to do with their money.
  • dont be upset, three people checked out of my registry the rest forgot and i got everythinggg on it!!!