I don't want to live anymore...*update*

edited September 2011 in Relationships
My husband just told me he doesn't love me anymore. My hands are shaking. He tried to be with me for 6 years I fell in love with him and he married me and then two months later I became pregnant... then he just doesn't care about me anymore, just like that.

And he says he wants to stay married because of the baby growing inside me.

What am I supposed to say to that?

I'm in shock. I don't want to live like that. What am I supposed to do? I don't want to live at all knowing he doesn't love me anymore. Why is this happening? I feel my world crashing...

*update*

My husband relapsed from his PTSD. He's not mentally stable anymore and he was only trying to get me to leave him when he said he didn't love me, so that he wouldn't hurt me and put me through this. He was in a terrifying accident a year ago in the army and I guess he just can't handle things that well anymore. It's heartbreaking, he's so paranoid that he doesn't trust me and wont touch me, but he says he still loves me and will always be faithful to me but he doesn't want to live with anyone. I feel so bad for him and I want the guy that I married back but he doesn't even know if he'll ever get better from this. =[

I'm 33 weeks now and I'm having to decide whether to raise our child on my own (he wants to live alone for fear of his anger problems affecting me and the baby), or to let my sister adopt the baby. She's been ttc for ten years and would love nothing more than to love this baby, but she supports me no matter what I chose.

I don't know what to do. Everything was so perfect when we got married and then found out I was pregnant. He still loves me and the baby. I don't want to do this without him, for the first time in my life I'm scared... =[

Comments

• Omg im so sorry.
  • Oh no! I'm so sorry hun, maybe try counceling..it can be really helpful. But don't stay just for the baby, that'll make things worse. You have ur preglys here for u!!! Lean on us!
  • Take a deep breath hun and know that while he may not love you there are so many people out there that DO love you. That sweet baby that your. Packing around with you loves you and your family loves you and all of us girls here at pregly love you. You have a great support system behind you. Maybe he is just having mixed emotions right now. Maybe things will change once baby is here. Try dating things again with him and not married things. Do a date night once a week have sex in new and exciting places. Make him realize that he is still in love with you it just got buried away with everything else that's going on.
  • What are you supposed to say to that? "Ok, lets stay in the same house and raise a child while you remind me every day that everything was meaningless."
  • I agree, dont stay just for the baby. Did he just say it in the heat of the moment? Doesnt make it right. I know sometimes i say things i dont really mean when im super mad at my husband. Hang in tgere mama. Life is good and u r blessed w a little human inside u that needs u.
  • I feel numb.... I don't know what to do. He meant it.
  • if you dont mind me asking how old is he and how far along are you? My hubby (then bf) broke up early on then got back together, there has to be a reason, probably really nothing having to do with you. sometimes we hurt the ones we are closest to because we kniw they will ALWAYS be there.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • u cant make sum one love u. Its gd he told u how he felt, but not at the time while prago. Just try not to stress he just needs to realize on hes own. Stay strong & focas
  • I've been with family for two months. he suddenly stopped talking to me, and when we did talk he'd complain that the 6 months we were married that he didn't like certain things I did, when he never told me anything was wrong then. things like NOT WASHING THE DISHES A FEW TIMES, because I have hypothyroidism and had bad fatigue issues. we're both 21 but he was obssessed with me for 6 years trying to get me to be with him....then we were finally together and I did everything for him, I'm getting a job working my butt off to be in shape and always being there for him, always nice and never complaining about anything.
  • Then he says he was going to wait to tell me when I got back, but that he just doesn't care about me anymore.
  • I am so sorry. This made me cry. i wish you all the strength in the world. Guys are heartless dickfaces :[ he is such an ass for telling you this while you are pregnant of all things wtf is wrong with him doesnt he know that the emotional roller coaster that he just put you on by shattering your world is going to effect not just you but the baby growing inside of you?! this man needs the shit beat out of him!! i hope someone gives you a hug because i bet you need one....i really wish i had some advice to give you. All i can say is keep your head up and stay strong for you and your baby you dont need someone like that in your life. I bet you are a wonderful woman and you deserve to meet someone who will fall in love with you everytime they see you :]
  • I changed my life for him, I had nothing to live for before. He was my reason to live, my reason to be happy.....My sister can not conceive and wants a child. I can not take care of a child like this. She wants a baby so badly, I wouldn't mind having only a niece or nephew....
  • I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this. Is there someplace you can go to just be alone and think for awhile? Maybe a few days in a hotel? It sounds like you might need some time to process everything before making any difficult decisions.
  • @blueberrysmom @2beforgotten @mama0811 @chels @roxy @honeybee @mommyof3girls @momof5 @ethansmommy122 @emy

Thank you everyone, I can't think right now I don't know what I will do. I'm so shaken to the core by this. I'm leaving pregly for now. If in two weeks when I see my husband, he tells me that his love for me is truly absent, I will need this forum more than ever to help me stay sane.
  • We'll be here. Good luck, take care, and stay strong, hun!
  • Good luck, I really hope everything works out the way you want it too :]
  • Wow I'm here for you! I'm sorry he's being an ass. If you ever need to vent email me. He will realize what he lost
  • Im sorry hunny. WE LOVE YOU!
  • We'll b here if ya need us. I wish u the best. I wouldnt make any big decisions about giving up ur baby just yet. Meet baby first. Take care. *hugs*
  • @blueberrysmom @2beforgotten @mama0811 @chels @roxy @honeybee @mommyof3girls @momof5 @ethansmommy122 @emy @mommy2b1111 @proudmomma @chels @mrsg

updated at the top...wish me luck I hope I decide the right thing. It's so hard to deal with this. Thank you so much for your support pregly ladies.
  • Good luck sweetie.
    I hope he seeks help/counseling because ptsd isn't going to go away on its own
  • Oh sweetie. I'll admit reading through and your update I got confused but I think it's me. But I'll be praying you can chose the best thing!! From what my blonde brain could comprehend, your situation is tough. You and baby deserve the best and your husband also should get the help he needs. As far as your sister maybe adopting , that sounds lovely. My friend gave her son up in high school to her Aunt and Uncle. It's been 6 years and so far it's worked wonderfuly for all if them. May God show you the best answer!!!
  • I think its good for u to get away. This is such a scary illness and the military offers so much help but it often isn't enough. The military changes or men so much it sad. They never come back the same. I love how ur considering adoption with ur sister. I think that is a very selfless act. Very nobel. I would if I wad in ir shoes.
  • I wish you the strength in this situation. I'm so sorry about your husband :( if you keep the baby it may help you deal with this better plus the baby is him too so you will see the man you married in your child everyday :) children can work miracles so maybe your husband may want to see the baby from time to time. I wish you guys the best. My prayers are with you guys. If ypu do give the baby to your sister that's so sweet of you. Keep me posted
  • Not sure what everyone else said, or if he is even still in the army, but I'd call his commander and ask for help. Thats what my friend did. Now her husband is going to counselling and getting the help he needs. He needs professional help from people who understand exactly how to deal with his problems.