I'm seriously about to freak the f out^please help^

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
My feet, hands and face have been swollen since Friday when I was in the hospital. Mainly my feet. They are so swollen it hurts to do anything. Anyways, I had my foot set at an odd angle against the foot of the recliner so that the top of my foot was on the corner. I didn't realize it honest. I just moved my foot and straightened my leg out and I have a huge indention from the corner of the foot rest. It's not going away...It's only been 2 minutes since I moved my foot but I've never had an indention stay. WTH!! Anyone please help! I'm really freaking out. I'm going to the dr in the morning anyways or else I'd be calling l&d freaking out. Please help!

Comments

• Because of water retention, its completely normal. I had the same thing happen to me, but I was the one purposley causing the indentation because it just looked weird Haha. Anyways, I would push down with my finger as hard as I could and hold it for a few second, and I would have indents that were deep enough to hold liquids Haha. It's gross, but if your BP is normal, its nothing to be concerned about.
  • How far along are you? I was super swollen all during my 3rd trimester. (Over 33lbs just in water weight.) And my feet would do the same. Did your swelling come on suddenly or gradually? Is it worse at night then in the morning? Try putting some ice on your feet for a few min. Off and on. And keep them elivated see if it helps.
  • edited August 2011
    Well my bp has been crazy. He had to put me on medicine just so that it would at least stay at 140ish over 80s. It was in the hundreds on the second number.

I'm 37 wks Thursday. And they have been swollen since Friday. I had stayed in the hospital cause they thought I was in labor but it stopped over night. Since then I've been swollen. It never goes away! @aydonsmommy.
  • If it is above 140/80 then that is generally considered gestational hypertension. If the lower number was in the hundreds, then you should definitely be checked for Toxemia because that is very dangerous!
  • Do you have pre-e?
  • I've been tested but there was no protein in my urine. So unless it's just kinda going undetected aside from bp and swelling idk. I'm going to talk to my dr tomorrow. I don't feel like this is normal. I mean it may be but I've never had swelling so bad that it actually left indentations.
  • Its normal hun