period like cramps...lower back pain.. and sharp pains down there...........

edited August 2011 in September 2011
im 36 weeks today and im in pain its not horrible but then again i have a high tolerance for pain ive been feeling like this the past couple days and was going to wait till my doc appt on the 30th .. but do you guys have any ideas what could be causing it .... (ftm)

ive also been having a lot of pressure and soreness down there and an increase in braxton hicks .. and doc already told me she was head down at my 34 w appt

i went into preterm labor twice 22w and 29w6d but it was all back labor ...but they said they werent strong enough to make me dilate

Comments

• ive been feeling the same! and I'm 36 weeks too...it can be signs of early labor or just ur body getting ready for labor in the nexr few weeks. good luck!
  • thanks you too .... im so ready to be done
  • I'm feeling the same way and I keep thinking its just her getting low down in my pelvis but its so uncomfortable :-(
  • @kenzie0713 whatever this feeling is for us i hope it means our LOs are coming soon
  • I had the same thing going on at 27 weeks and again last night at 30+4...I went to the hospital and I was having contractions. I'd call the doc and let them know what's going on.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'll be 39 weeks Friday and I've been having those for weeks!! So frustrating!! But it IS labor signs, and you're still preterm, so if you're concerned you should call your doctor.
  • I felt that way for about two days and then my water broke but I was 39weeks.
  • edited August 2011
    @all i went into preterm labor twice 22w and 29w6d but it was all back labor ..ans they told me they were contractions but they werent strong enough to make me dilated

@YAYA oh wow
  • Ive had the same for weeks.i was in preterm labor at 24 weeks and same for me..back labor
    It was enough to make me dilate.ive been at 1 since and last weeks appt doc said im about 40% effaced and baby is low.i go to the dr every other week so if the cramping isnt unbearable I try to hold off until my appt.baby is still very active.dr said if I go in labor before 34 weeks they will stop my labor as long as my water dont break.im 31 weeks and 2 days.ive grown used to it but if your concerned call your dr.sometimes you can contract and not know.good luck :)
  • I've had period cramps and Sharp pains but no back pain :(
  • im 36 + 2 and i am starting to feel cramps, vaginal stabing and presure i hope shes here in the next couple wks
  • Never second guess to call your Dr or ld. That's what they are there for. That's why you pay them. I had caller ld in middle of night they told me things to do before I should come in and they worked.
  • I was going to ask about these same things! Yesterday I could barely walk due to sharp pain in my cervix. I thought it was just baby pushing down but mayyybe it's getting ready. Also been having light period like cramps on and off and back pain with them. I told my doctor at my appointment the other day. She checked me and my cervix was closed. I'm 34 weeks so hopefullymy body is just preparing.
  • Thanks ladies for the advice i am just going to wait until my doc appt on tuesday unless it gets worse because its been off and on ..but i will ask the doc to check me because when i went into preterm labor at 29w6d it only changed my cervix to me being fingertip dilated and 40% effaced and im now 36w3d so who knows