Training the cat

edited August 2011 in Third Trimester
Hey y'all . 35 weeks here, less than 4 left \:D/
Soooooo, what can I do to teach my cat to not be jumping in the crib. I heard putting some aluminum foil will help. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• I'm not an expert on cats..bump :)
  • Scat Matt......www.ryanspetsupply.com
  • I did the foil thing and it worked. I've also heard an upside down plastic office mat. For the chairs. Good luck!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cool, I'll try the foil and the homemade velcro probably. Thanks everyone and thanks for the bump loveourlittleone. :)
  • I think my cats would like the foil to much lol just cause it makes noises. I have 4 cats so ive been trying to train them they arent alowed in my room or babys. The play pen downstairs is what im worried about :S
  • hahha the foil thing is funny, i think my cat would love it if i put foil there, she loves crinkly things
    my advice is that if you see your cat go in the cot, make loud noises so it associates the cot with scary bad things! haha
  • My queen loved my changing mat till Colt came home. Being in the same room with a loud smelly thing wasn't to appealing to her
  • I'm going to do both the foil and first bottle because my cat hates getting sprayed.
  • Thanks for the link blueberrysmom! I'd forgotten about the balloons. I've seen the nets they suggested at the pet store but I am NOT about to make the crib a total jail cell. I'll be sure to put the foil on the chair and changing pad as well. The cat is black (like me lol) so you can start to see hair after he sits in one place a few times. Plus he's like 17 pounds, not fat just a big cat, so I definitely don't want him snuggling up on my baby when he's almost 3 times as big. Baby won't be in the crib overnight for the 1st couple months at least anyway so I should have plenty of time to scare him out of doing it before then. :)