UGH!

Okay, I understand that it says "No food after midnight"... but IMMEDIATELY following that line, it says "You MAY drink clear liquids after midnight"!!!

Two ounces of water in ice form to last me all night is NOT going to kill me! Thanks! They're perfectly fine with me munching down a last bit of food at 11 p.m., but at 2 a.m. when I need a little sip of water here and there? No way! That'll make me throw up! That'll get me sick on the OR table.

Did anyone else ever drink a few ounces of water the night before their c-section (planned, of course) after the no-food hour, and come out perfectly okay? Mom seems to think sipping on water after midnight is a "dangerous game" and that I shouldn't do it, even though the paper they gave me says I can.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2011
    @mshahir right? -sigh- I know they're as stressed out as I am... but c'mon. Water/ice isn't going to kill me. Especially since I'm sipping it slowly (the ice broke up too big to be pulled through the opening... >.> ) It'll be absorbed into the bloodstream waaaay faster than food would be.
  • I didn't eat. And glad bc I think I would have thrown it up and after c section I didn't eat for along time wasn't hungry no appetite whatsoever
  • Unless your mom is a doctor, I would listen to the instructions that your doctor gave you, not your mom, lol!! :-)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well, I don't know because I haven't had my c-section yet, but when doctors thought I was going to need a section-- they had me on a NBM(nothing by mouth) diet. I wasn't allowed ice or water or anything to eat or drink. I hope to God that it isn't the case when i actually have my section, cause dang, i love my ice chips!!!!
  • Well my c-section was an unexpected emergency so I had eaten maybe four or five hours before and I never got sick. Everyone is different though.