f u irene!

edited August 2011 in Current Events
Apparently hurricane irene is supposed to directly hit the philadelphia area this weekend! State of emergency declared already in NJ where I live. Wonderful! I'm due on Sat, having an extreme amt of pelvic pain today...it will be on Sun that my kid decides to come out, right in the middle of all this! Good thing I'm literally a block away from my hospital. I'm saying now, 1245pm est on 8/25...this is how my first labor and delivery is going to be lol but if the earthquake didn't shake him out, maybe he'll stay inside for the hurricane as well.

Comments

• Stay safe! Hope he doesn't decide to come in middle of it but then again hope he not to late for you lol
  • Good luck!! We are preparing here in Nc as well. I'm getting my house ready, writing down serial numbers, then heading inland for the weekend!
  • @Nova yes. I'm heading there tomorrow morning. I figured if there's anything there, it'll just be a little rain.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Nova good! I had plans to go to Durham anyway...I'm scared to be here alone, pregnant, with a 3 yr old.
  • @Nova I just got word from our family readiness leader saying its heading westward again, posing a big threat on the coast for us here in Jacksonville. So glad I'm leaving!! I have my homeowners insurance info and bags packed!
  • I'm in Maryland getting a little nervous!! Hope baby stays in till after the hurricane for u
  • I'm in Glassboro, NJ. Pushkin and I are staying in and getting cozy under the Slanket. That's our whole emergency plan. That and some knitting.
  • Good luck hopefully baby stays in until after! I live in south florida, and all we're getting is just lots of really hard rain, and strong winds! Be safe!