Ringworm!?! Seriously??? (vent)

edited August 2011 in Health
So, last night while bathing my 5-month-old I noticed a red patch on her otherwise gorgeous chunky little legs. I thought it looked a little like ringworm (i know what it looks like because my mom, who was an inner-city elementry school teacher, used to get it once or twice a year...and I would occasionally get it from her). I took her to the doc, and sure enough, its the beginning stages of flippin' ringworm! Now, I know you dont have to be dirty to get it (although people who dont bath are much more likely to spread it for the simple reason that it goes longer undetected). But, if ANYONE were to get it in my.house, I would expect it to be my 2-yo who's always playing @ the park. But I've checked my self and everyone else, and my baby girl is the only one with a spot! I just dont get it, she never touches anything but clean blankets and clothes. So flippin' frustrating!

Comments

• If the towels you use on her is wet from not drying that's where its from. Make sure you dry the towel after use. I had ringworms before..took two showers a day and kept clean but it wasn't going away until the doctor said its from the towel not getting dried.
  • @lilbit01_209 nope. I'm a sahm. My 2-yo goes to open gymnastics. But once again, he's ringworm free..
  • @Patiently_Waiting I use a clean towel every time I bath her, change her bedding daily (or whenever she spits up on it...sometimes 2 or more times a day), she gets 2-3 outfit changes a day (just cuz she's a girl and I can), and I give her a clean tummy time blanket daily (or whenever she spits up on it...lol). I just dont get it!!!